Thread: .:Aroha!
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 02:33 PM

Credits: 10,692
Rozel

Wow, thank you for the support. ^^ I've been busy lately with a few things so I haven't really made many changes to the site, but I'll make a habit of adding a few changes every few days.

Also, some answers to your questions, Rick. (:

Let me have some ask some questions to add onto this board:

Who makes the adoptable images? I do the art entirely on my own.

What makes your site different from all the others? Well, I think this has been done before, but the website is unique because you don't just adopt the pets, you find and collect them through various means like exploring the maps or participating in the forums.
This helps to get people more active in the site and just gives you something fun to do. Of course, the areas will change every once in awhile and new adoptable will be available to be found every once in awhile to keep you on your toes. I think I've already explained a bit of it above in the original post, but from going to different explore pages you can find codes, or through the forums, where you can exchange those codes for adoptables.

That's the main feature at the moment, being able to explore and collect, and going through a map. There's forests, lakes, mountains, etc, yours to discover.

What are some features you might add to this site?
Well, the website is still pretty new and I'm still planning out things but I know breeding will play a role in the website. I also want to be able to have a few basic PHP games to play and earn "pebbles" on. (Pebbles are the site currency we have their.) That's all I can say right now. I want to start off with things being basic, then slowly giving people more and more content to play around with.

Is there staff? If so, who are they?
Currently there are no staff members and I'm working on this project alone, so it may be slow, considering I'm the one writing, coding, doing art, and everything else that needs to be done to run the website. I can do fine alone, but I would be really happy if anyone would want to join and become staff. This would not be a paid job though, but staff would receive a lot of thanks and staff perks.

When will the site be open?
I can honestly not say for certain when, sorry about that. But I do know I need to set a goal eventually and start looking for an absolute finish for the site. I'm hoping before the end of the year. It gives me a lot of time and room to do whatever without being stressed out, but it also allows me to not hold it off forever. (I might finish way before that, though.)

Thank you again.