Old 09-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 33,144
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah
Default RE: Video Tutorial Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadillzzz
I like your idea on creating a new adoptables script from scratch, it sure is nice if we actually manage to do that!
Yeah it would be an awesome idea. I think honestly if we all pulled together and really cracked down on the project we could do it, but it would be complex. But then again, we could simply take the mods or mod ideas and integrate them easily as we write the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshia
I think Brandon's script is just free to use, not open source. If it were open source he probably wouldn't have the copyright policy. Free to use and edit as you need, but not to distribute.

I think re-creating the script from scratch would require someone with a degree in Computer Science. If you did manage to do it though, I'd be all for an open source project.
I'm in AP Computer Science... Although we're not doing PHP, we're doing Java. Although I don't think you'd really need a degree, just someone who knows the ins and outs of PHP. Seeing as I started learning PHP this week, that's definitely not me but I know enough to figure out errors and have an idea of how everything in the script works and what needs to go where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer
But yeah, creating an adoptable script completely from scratch is much harder of a task and I wonder if it is quite possible under such a condition. Also according the Rusnak adoptable's policy, we can definitely work together to create as many mods as possible but then it will still have to be released under Brandon Rusnak's name since he owns the script.
Yeah so basically we have to say "This is a mod for Brandon Rusnak's adoptables script." But if WE create the modification, WE choose whether or not to share it or whatever. I'm sure it is possible, it would just take a very long time. XD