View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 393,504
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well I guess partially it was because the original script was really bad, when I barely took over from BMR it had bugs and amateur code all over the files. I wasnt able to fix them quickly after someone first pointed it out(and it was my fault for not taking it seriously at first), so the bad impression lasted for a while. Even now, its hard to change people when their first impression was already so firm. I do think Mys v1.3.x still needs some improvements, but I aint quite optimistic about Mys v1.4.x's reception either even if I'll have fixed everything by then. I guess hope on VPL is all lost, I dont plan to change their mind. They do make some points I cannot argue, at least for now. Thankfully, the issues mentioned in Nobackseat's latest post are already fixed in Mys v1.4.x(barring the view being PHP since I dont see anything wrong with that).

Edit: I checked out modular gaming too, it looks nice and professional, but it doesnt seem to be specifically customized to work with adoptables/pets. Maybe they have an extension that allows that? I dont know, but it doesnt seem to be an alternative for people with absolutely no coding skills.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.