Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,412
squiggler is on a distinguished road

IntoRain, is there a way to set it to specific times? Either a time period (ex: April only) or very specific dates (ex: April 5th)?
Old 04-04-2014, 03:40 PM

Credits: 19,594
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

In the canWork() function, instead of working with the last time user worked, you'd compare today's date to the date you wanted.

PHP Code:
//get today's date, format returns the date in the specified format. m means month and d is day. So 'm-d' means 'month-day' format

$dateToday = new DateTime;
$dateTime $dateToday->format('m');//get the month only for example

//compare with the month we want
if($dateTime != '04')
{
//it's not april yet, can't work
}
else{
//it's april, can work
}

//or for month-day
$dateToday = new DateTime;
$dateTime $dateToday->format('m-d');//get the month only for example

//compare with the month we want
if($dateTime != '04-15')
{
//it's not april 15 yet, can't work
}
else{
//it's april 15, can work

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:38 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 395,545
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm a job system, its actually a very interesting idea I must say. I used to think about it in my head before, but its quite difficult to visualize how you can 'work' in an virtual world compared to real world where you just submit your resume and get a job offer. Staff can be programmed to earn wages on weekly or monthly basis, but for most members it's still hard to figure out what kind of jobs they can do.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:07 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 21,052
MikiHeart

For an example on a type of "Job" Mod, see Zarath's Job Mod for Phpbb2.

I think the Job feature is best suited for quests. Like on Neopets, where they have fairy quests, and they go get the item they need, which they give and get a reward.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:27 AM

On 1.3.3 I was doing a job mod that was more like a class system, different jobs would get adoptable-related advantages and could then earn money by selling their adoptables or items created/made in a market, in their own shop.

I think here the idea is to have multiple descriptions of things that need to be done (like "This room is a mess, help me sort it out?" or "Can you bring me some flowers?", so like Miki said, quest-like stuff that might ask for items or not

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,412
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Thank you IntoRain! Oh, that's a great idea HOF! It would be great not to have to manually dispense wages for staff.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 395,545
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Thanks Squiggler. I like the idea of automatically generating wages for staff, but the issue is that most people are still 'unemployed', how are they supposed to make money. The best solution is when an exploration system becomes available with a quest-like feature that users can post or accept quests/jobs to earn money. It will take a long time for the script to get there though, as the exploration system is planned for Mys v1.6.0. Before that, the battle system needs to be there.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Thanks Squiggler. I like the idea of automatically generating wages for staff, but the issue is that most people are still 'unemployed', how are they supposed to make money. The best solution is when an exploration system becomes available with a quest-like feature that users can post or accept quests/jobs to earn money. It will take a long time for the script to get there though, as the exploration system is planned for Mys v1.6.0. Before that, the battle system needs to be there.
On the system I was building, there were Alchemists, Merchants and Breeders (only the alchemists and merchants were functional). They would make money out of selling their goods (goods their class could create) instead of receiving consistent money (I didn't actually remember about that, but they could as well maybe?). But building a job system like that is more site-related and maybe not everyone would want it, I was just doing it out of curiosity. So staff and normal members had jobs.
The quest system would work out better like you said, and it's quite an interesting feature I wouldn't mind helping out with if you need a hand!

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 91,451
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I think what people want is like 'daily job quests' when your task is to, like... find a specific but random item for an NPC and exchange it for a reward beyond that of the normal sell-back rate. Or just show up and get a free item/amount of currency. Or talk to three other NPCs for another NPC. Pass out fictional deliveries to fictional characters.

I would definitely like to see a full out quest system, but perhaps the focus should be more on making it a mod rather than part of the framework itself.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:54 PM

Credits: 51,270
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
I think what people want is like 'daily job quests' when your task is to, like... find a specific but random item for an NPC and exchange it for a reward beyond that of the normal sell-back rate. Or just show up and get a free item/amount of currency. Or talk to three other NPCs for another NPC. Pass out fictional deliveries to fictional characters.

I would definitely like to see a full out quest system, but perhaps the focus should be more on making it a mod rather than part of the framework itself.
This. This right here. I think I suggested this in the Suggestions but I don't remember.

That's what I'd love for my site! A simple daily quest feature exactly how you explained it! A member would go to the Quests page, and an NPC would give them a daily quest randomly picked from a list or something that day.

"Bring me 10 worms, 2 grasshoppers, and a fishing line." If the person has it in their inventory, they can click a button that says Complete Quest and get EXP and Moneys! c: Maybe certain quests give an adoptable or a rare item.