Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 AM
Dev Staff

Credits: 21,303
Arianna will become famous soon enough
Default Multiple adopt pages? [answered]

I hate to bother, but I don't really understand php, so I thought you could help :)
I've noticed that a few sites powered by myadopts have multiple sections, so you could have 'dogs', 'cats', and 'other', and they wouldn't all be on the same page.
How can I implement this?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:36 AM
I am, who I am.

Credits: 28,655
Bloodrun
Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodrun
Default RE: Multiple adopt pages?

You have to first:

1) Make a New MyAdopts MySql Database Table. (A new for each new Adopts Page you want)

2) Of course make a New Adopts Page with the a new Name, and the right Database names within the coding. (Again, one for each new page)

3) You will need to make a new Adopts Control Page, which is found in your Admin.php file, and again one for each new page.

4) Lastly, you will need to make the images, etc etc, and load them up using their appropriate Adopts Control Page.

Now, to someone who knows php, its not hard, but time consuming, but for someone such as yourself, its going to be quite a feat to accomplish.

Now I can't promise on how much I will be able to help you, due to my time, but I will try to help you as much as possible.

But go ahead and think this over, if it is something you would want, we can work from there.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Dev Staff

Hmm, I'd really like to be able to do it. Otherwise I guess I can have multiple things, and have the users register on all different partitions, but it would be hard to keep track of...
I'll go and try what I can. I can competently find and replace and stuff like that, and I can also make new tables/edit stuff to the extent of using PHPmyAdmin to change stuff, but I can't do the actual coding or anything like that.
I'll try and go as far as I can, and then I'll post again :)[hr]
So what I did will be summed up here:
I went to phpmyadmin and clicked on 'pets', which is what I called the database.
I clicked on the 'adopts_adoptables' table and copied it, calling it 'adopts_page2'. I decided to 'Copy Structure and Data'.
It worked, so I tried to go on to the make a new adopts page part. I copied the page 'adopt.php' and renamed it to 'page2.php'.
Next I went into code edit on both of them, and looked for the part where it looked for the table. And then I got stuck.
Thank you so much for helping!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:38 PM

Credits: 10,717
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

Another option is to just have different promo codes, such as dog, cat, etc and assign all dogs to the dog promo code, cats to the cat promo code, etc so when the user enters the promo code then all of that type appear. Then just link to the promo codes from the adopt.php page. :)
Old 09-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Dev Staff

I guess I could do that, too, but I'd really like to be able to have different pages. If it doesn't work out, I'll try that way too :)[hr]
Wow, it worked! Thank you so much for helping, both of you! :D[hr]
And it didn't work...
The page and everything works (not the admin panel, but I'm using pngs so I have to edit it directly in PHPmyAdmin anyway), but when I click on adopt, it tries to adopt the other pet with the same number.
This means if I were to adopt pet 3 on adopt2.php, it would adopt my other pet 3. I'm working on a way to get around this... Any tips?[hr]
I'm so sorry, I must be being annoying.. xP
Well now I've got further - I've managed to make it so when you click 'adopt' on the page 'adopt2.php', though it won't take you to the right page, if you enter it in the url, it will show the right image for the pet, and let you adopt it.
However, when you actually look at it, there's a little x.
Thank you again so much for helping![hr]
I've found my problem - in most files, it's looking at the database adoptables, not both adoptables2 and adoptables...
PHP Code:
$query "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."adoptables WHERE type = '$name'"
I don't know how I can let it select form both adoptables and adoptables2. Could you please help?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Dev Staff

Thank you so much, I figured it out![hr]
Well, it's sort of working. The Adopt Pages and the My Adopts pages are working - the level up function just isn't. I'll modify the code a bit more to see if I can get it solved, hopefully I can - and then I'll come back ;)