Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,726
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Alright BMR, it is your choice anyway. Since I am definitely going to upgrade my hosting package, hosting MA in the meantime seems to be a good idea to me. It gives me a chance to judge if I can host a site like MA successfully. On the other hand, It will be sufficient time for me to see if MA staff and members are able and willing to accept someone else other than you as the host/owner. Like I said before, MA community is quite emotionally attached to you.

I will most likely upgrade the package during this weekend or next week so a dedicated server is ready to use. Should you choose to accept the deal, account transfer can be carried out at anytime you want. After the process is done, I will give you a week of control panel access to make sure MA is running smoothly. Before account transfer, however, I'd request MA's support forum to be merged with this support forum(of course, with staff team merging without laying anyone off). Details will be discussed later though, since you are still considering.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:22 AM
bruh

Credits: 35,679
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

On the other hand, It will be sufficient time for me to see if MA staff and members are able and willing to accept someone else other than you as the host/owner. Like I said before, MA community is quite emotionally attached to you.

._.
Well, I wouldn't mind if Brandon still keeps in touch and logs in every now and again... but not just suddenly leave when he sells MA o-o

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:48 AM

Credits: 10,555
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

Hall of Famer, I actually don't know if a forum merge would be possible now that I think about it, since some of the back end Admin functionality of the site is tightly integrated with the MyBB forum on the site, sharing logins, etc. The MA forums may have to be separate just from a functionality point of view.

Would this change anything? Also, some of my staff are hesitant of a forum merge, saying it may be too confusing if people need support and don't understand the difference between the hosted MyAdopts and Mysidia which they must install themselves. Any thoughs on this?
Old 11-06-2011, 01:05 PM

umm I see what you mean BMR. I do have a perfect solution when it comes to your second point. Wonder if you've visited vbulletin.org, but it is possible to list Mysidia and MA as separate categories but on the same forum. Some big boards of multiple functionalities do this, this is somewhat of a preview but slightly different:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=175687

This way it will make things quite clear which is the section MA-related questions are supposed to be asked and answered. Also if I havent explain this before, all MA's current staff will remain and I will not be involved in the forum general management since I believe they have enough experience to handle forum issues and constructions. But of course, I will do the basic house-keeping stuff like you always did, such as adding/removing subforums, promoting/demoting staff, getting rid of spambots/trolls and anything the MA staff cannot do. Lemme know if you have any more questions or concerns, I can see how you are trying to make it comfortable for MA staff and members, which is definitely no problem.

If the back-end admin functionality is so tightly integrated with MyBB, is MA forum like forever stuck with MyBB forum too? It may be a real problem though, for any potential MA buyers I mean, since most would prefer either vbulletin or IPB.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Credits: 10,555
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

Well, you could remove the MyBB dependencies, but you would need to modify the site's admin panel and some code to work with another forum software. It's integrated with MyBB, but not in such a way that it couldn't be transferred to another forum software with some work.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 PM

I understand what you are saying, BMR. I guess this is not really a big issue then, just perhaps time consuming to disintegrate MA from Mybb. I am rather worried that I may not have time to do this myself though, but if so I may either postpone the process till i have more freetime or to hire a coder from freelancers.com.

And btw, did u look at the entire message I wrote? I was explaining how a merged forum could work by using tabs to separate different categories of contents. Lemme know what u and ur staff think then.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:08 AM

Credits: 3,573
Gashu is on a distinguished road

Huh, seems like MyAdopts is down again :( I was in the middle of creating a site xD
Old 11-14-2011, 11:19 AM
bruh

The server randomly goes down, it's nothing to do with the fact that Brandon is considering selling the site.
You'll have to wait until Brandon gets the server back up.

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 AM

umm did BMR sell MA to someone else already? Id be interested to figure this out though, since I am always this curious type. But anyway, the duration of MA's downtime may give some insights.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:30 PM
bruh

Brandon usually comes on at 10:30-11PM UK time to put the server back on, but because he's very busy, he doesn't always put it back up on the same day, it's usually at the most 2 days.

~C.Maestro