Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Webmasters Area

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 06:53 AM

Credits: 66,346
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adopt Me! A Pet Site Dictionary

I confess to being one of those people who when bored and lonely, joins sites randomly. One of my favourite sites to join are pet sites (adoptables and pets alike). However, it's often quite difficult to find nice independent ones, because the big names steal the search engines.

So I have finally gotten off my lazy butt and created a pet site dictionary.

It's incredibly simple, just running off a script called Link Up. It has a search feature, a rank feature, a simple message board, and categories. I am working on the theme and the details at the moment (as I'm a perfectionist and therefor have a lot of trouble doing these things quickly) but I wouldn't mind if people start submitting their sites already, since that area is all ready.

So far, there are 10 categories, Aliens, Everything But The Kitchen Sink, Fan Fictional Species, Household Pets, Humanoids, Inanimate Objects, Mythical Creatures, Original Fictional Species, Plants and Wild Animals. I will add more if anyone requests so.

http://adoptme.comuf.com/ To add a link, go to the category you want to submit it to, and you'll find a link there. I will approve links once I get home from school.

If anyone wishes to give me a list of other petsites to add, that would be nice. I'm going by a "if you don't want to be on this list, ask and I will remove" instead of asking everyone (since that'll take forever).

http://adoptme.comuf.com/
Old 09-13-2011, 10:52 AM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,126
Tequila is on a distinguished road

Nice set up, I've used some of their scripts before. :3

I'd recommend switching over to NinjaLinks which is what I'm using on the main Sessions Street page. :3
Old 09-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Thanks for submitting your link~ I think I'm fine with using the script I've got. I don't really want to handle a member database, and I've found that not everyone has buttons, so those that don't won't submit their links, or will submit badly done buttons (which means that they will gain less members). The rating is nice, as is the message board on the script I've got. And it's simple to configure, I may be able to add some new features to it myself.

I'm not too concerned with hacking, it's a rather low level site, if the security isn't top notch, that's fine with me.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:45 PM

Credits: 10,542
Rozel

Nice website, might use it when I'm done with my website :p I'll probably be waiting quite awhile though, a lot of things are going on and whatnot. I mean, my site is kind of open already, but I'm still not comfortable running around advertising it.

Last edited by Rozel; 09-13-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:21 PM

I understand what you mean, I've had that with a few sites. If you know of any sites you'd like on there, please submit them~