Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 11:54 PM

Credits: 22,688
Ruinily is on a distinguished road
Default List of little problems

Hi, I dont want to bother anyone, but I kind of need this stuff sorting out fast! I'm hoping their easy problems for most people here, though since I have version 1.2.1 I think some of them are supposed to be fixed anyway. :/

- The pound is currently only showing the first pet in the list of abandoned pets on the pound page. This seems a great waste of a whole page and also it will cause some congestion when there are a lot of pets no one wants at the front. I'd prefer to show a lot more pets on the page.

- I'm not sure if its possible without redoing a lot of things, but I'd like someway of altering the breeding so that some have a less successful chance of breeding, or they cant breed at all. This will help keep my rare pets rare and the commons common. ^_^

- I think it was supposed to be fixed in the version of Mysidia I got, but no one on my site can adopt again after using the back button without refreshing the page. I guess its a good thing with the rare pets, but not when you're trying to adopt several pets at once. :(

- I'd like the option to change certain pets pictures in the admins editing pet options, like the option in myadopts, if its possible. I managed to get a picture of the pet to appear above a list of all the possible images in the database, but the information isnt sent back to the database when its saved...

- The shoutbox used to have a feature where it told you the post you made had been sent and you had to click on a link to see it. Now the page just sort of blinks and goes back to the top making it look like you've lost your post until you click on the link in the navigation bar to go back to the page. I can imagine people that dont know how the shoutbox works would find this annoying or worrying so I'd like to have the message working again, or have the submit refresh the page properly.

- A link on the clicked pets leading back to the owners profile for more clicking. I know with the back button it may seem unneeded, but I had a request for it and like giving people options to do what they want. :)

Theres a few other things like the magical disappearing and flying footer, but I want to try and solve that myself before I bother other people with it. ^_^' I've attempted all the ones above and have been stuck on them for ages, so I hope someone can help me fast before I really start promoting the site...

Last edited by Ruinily; 06-09-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 AM

Credits: 66,344
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have the answer to your questions, but I am having the same problem with the pound page. D: I wa about to post something about it.

The glitch with the pets was suggested by me, and fixed because it allows people to cheat. If people want to adopt more pets, they can simply go back to the other page.

EDIT: You should be able to do the last one - link to the owner's page - fairly easily, I think. I believe there is already something there for the owner, so you could simply put a "go to this owner's page" and put the link as "http://yoursite.com/profile.php?user=WHATEVERTOKENYOUNEEDHERE" There should be a token for that, but I don't know it.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,514
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Oh the pound script... My badness, guess I made a bad mistake back in the old days. I will fix it in next release for sure, and thanks for bringing it up. ^^

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:02 PM

Is there any chance the changes will be posted sooner then the release? Or that the release will be soon? My site is based off of the pound feature, I kinda need that. :c
Old 06-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Niwatori Kami

Credits: 4,941
Chibi_Chicken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloometh View Post
Is there any chance the changes will be posted sooner then the release? Or that the release will be soon? My site is based off of the pound feature, I kinda need that. :c
A simple fix is find lines 43 44 and 49 and change the $result to $result1
or find this code:
Code:

$query = "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."adoptables WHERE type='$type'";
         $result = runquery($query);
         $num = @mysql_numrows($result);

$i=0;
         while ($i < 1) {

$cost=@mysql_result($result,$i,"cost"); //The cost of adoption

$i++;
         }
this var $result is replacing the first one that is still getting the pets for the pound. change it to something else and it will load all of the pets.
however if you still have lots of pound pets it going to be a really long list.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Thanks! I'll test it tomorrow, I'm on a time limit here~
Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 AM

I tested this and it worked fine, thanks! :D
Old 06-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,514
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Yeah, there is definitely an easy fix to this, glad you found out. Additionally, the old syntax from RA such as while loop running only once shall be replaced with a much more efficient version of it in future releases, I apologize for not fixing this back in the old days.

Regarding your request of breeding system enhancement, yes its definitely doable. All you need to do is to create a new column in table prefix_adoptables called breedrate(INT) and add a few lines to the breeding script. These lines should include a mysql query that searches for the field breedrate from your database, and use random numbers to determine if breeding is successful. I may release it as a public modification in July, or I may make it available for the next official release.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Credits: 22,688
Ruinily is on a distinguished road

Okay now I'm annoyed, the pound fix wasnt working, so I poked it some more, and now I cant get on the site! I got the original coding for the pound page and pasted it all back in, but I still keep getting the message;

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User ruinily_Ruinily already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/ruinily/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 76
Error connecting to MySQL

I didnt touch the functions file, I hope my users arent getting the same message. D: What happened?

When I tried changing the $result I just got a page error, though it was working fine with showing just one pet, until it started throwing up that max users connections junk. This is why I need a coder. >.<

Though thanks for trying to help, I figured out the user profile link at least. ^_^

o.o Okay ignore all that unless the user connection is a serious problem, its changed its mind and is working now for no reason! :D
Sorry about that, I think it was actually the server being unpredictable as usual. :/ Thanks for the help with a couple of problems! And Gloometh I think people can still go back and press F5 to get another of the same pet. Since I use cash on my site the back button use was fine. Having changed how the back button works is a little annoying to people on my site when their trying to buy a bunch of lottery tickets or get a small army of dogs which I dont mind.

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php

Last edited by Ruinily; 06-24-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Tags
problem