Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 10:21 PM

Credits: 4,355
Zyraph is on a distinguished road

I love this idea, and a basic one would work very well for the short term, and as a mod. A more official one can eventually either substitute that entirely or just be an optional thing that someone can hit a button for in the framework.

As for a mod, this could probably reasonably happen before 1.4, and can be expended a little bit after 1.4 hits, and then HoF could take that code and save it to expand upon in later versions, if everyone is comfortable with it. In fact, there could be two versions of it: One being the basic one without too much of a class system, and a more advanced version that can expand upon that for 1.6. I think it'd be very interesting to have the ability to have an option for either/or (or neither, should someone not wish to use them in their version).

Just my thoughts though :3
Old 04-08-2014, 01:03 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,785
MikiHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahbikat View Post
This. This right here. I think I suggested this in the Suggestions but I don't remember.

That's what I'd love for my site! A simple daily quest feature exactly how you explained it! A member would go to the Quests page, and an NPC would give them a daily quest randomly picked from a list or something that day.

"Bring me 10 worms, 2 grasshoppers, and a fishing line." If the person has it in their inventory, they can click a button that says Complete Quest and get EXP and Moneys! c: Maybe certain quests give an adoptable or a rare item.
To do a simple version of this is actually pretty easy. The hardest part I can think of is being the ability to create new quests in the admin panel. But if you wanted to start simply, you could hard code the quests and build upon it later on.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,288
squiggler is on a distinguished road

I don't know...I've never been a fan of alchemy quests. I prefer quests where you get through the forest to get the sparkly whosit. Maybe collect the pieces, but that doesn't count as alchemy to me? Anyway, I mention in case someone does the mod.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:09 PM

Credits: 19,446
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

To make a generic quest-creator the different types of quest would have to be coded in. Visiting some place to get X or talking to an NPC would demand an exploration system I think, that's a bit complicated to code, at least a bit hard to think about in php terms.
But quests like get certains items or obtain an adoptable of this species at level 50, are possible to generalize (any more ideas?) and I will try to tackle this next week, if I have the time.

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Credits: 50,336
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoRain View Post
To make a generic quest-creator the different types of quest would have to be coded in. Visiting some place to get X or talking to an NPC would demand an exploration system I think, that's a bit complicated to code, at least a bit hard to think about in php terms.
But quests like get certains items or obtain an adoptable of this species at level 50, are possible to generalize (any more ideas?) and I will try to tackle this next week, if I have the time.
What about riddles, questions, etc? Would those be easy or hard?

For example, I visit the Daily Quest page for today and today's "quest" is a question. The NPC asks "What creature has a mushroom growing from its back?" I'd input into the text field the answer, and if right I get the reward, if wrong, the page displays "Oops, wrong answer! Try again?" Same with riddles.

There could even be smaller "quests" the NPC could give. Letter Mixes, Word Opposites, Fill in the blank letters, etc.

Some examples:

Letter Mix awards 50 coins
Use these letters to spell out a word or name.
TCA RWEOFL
= Flower Cat

Word Opposites awards 50 coins
Think of the opposite of each word for the correct answer.
DIRTY LAND
= Clean Sky (idk? lol i suck at this)

Fill the Blank awards an item (potion)
Fill in the blank spaces with letters to spell out a word.
P _ T I _ N
= Potion

Some of these would award adoptables, items, etc depending on how difficult they are.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:36 AM
Squiggling since 1995

Brilliant tahbikat! With a limited number of tries, too, so they can't guess forever.
If I can think of any myself (no luck right now XD ) I'll post later.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:24 PM

Just wanted to say I started work on this already, so I'm still taking suggestions

- Currently quests can be a question (you can write whatever you want so word plays can be done as well), asking for items and/or asking for money. Rewards are items, money and/or adoptable. I also wanted a quest to ask for an adoptable but that's taking long
- One quest is generated per day per user, user can't change it until the next day even if he can't complete it - it's easier to implement this way than to have a limit for each quest :(
- ACP integration is missing

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:46 AM
Squiggling since 1995

Okay, here is the question wall:
How much text can we add to the questions, with what BBcode/HTML, and is there a way to add permanent text to the thing? (Like, "You will be offered 1 new quest per day.") For that matter, can users keep their quest past 24 hours? Also, can we admins have multiple quests available with different chances of getting each quest?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggler View Post
Okay, here is the question wall:
How much text can we add to the questions, with what BBcode/HTML, and is there a way to add permanent text to the thing? (Like, "You will be offered 1 new quest per day.") For that matter, can users keep their quest past 24 hours? Also, can we admins have multiple quests available with different chances of getting each quest?
The text length is set in the database, I put it at 200 characters, but it can be changed if needed. HTML can be inserted. The quest's specific information will display on a page, so you can write fixed text on that page as well

Users get a new quest once per day, even if they didin't complete it. If they complete it, they can't get a new one until the next day as well

Not sure if I will add different chances of getting a quest, possibly after this part is done xD

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Thank you! That's awesome!

But can users have 2 quests going at one time, or do quests permanently disappear after 1 day?

If we can input multiple quests, there is a workaround. For example, say you have 4 quests, A, B, C, and D. Instead of inputting just 4 quests, you put in 10:
A
B
B
C
C
C
D
D
D
D

Now A has a 10% chance, B has a 20% chance, C a 30% chance, and D a 40% chance. It looks a little silly in the ACP, but the users will never know the difference.
This might mess up any badges they can get for completing quests, if you put that in, though.

Anyway, thank you for starting this awesome mod!