Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Addons and Modifications > Mys v1.3.x Mods

Notices

Old 02-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,970
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Try manually typing in http://www. before the address? (Random technobabble on the topic here. Basically at some point, "www" stop being necessary for most websites so whether or not the browser automatically assumes you need it depends on the browser and, well, the site itself. People are smart enough to link their sites properly and browsers are smart enough to follow paths correctly, but if you're manually typing site urls in... yeah, some of them do require "www" and browsers no longer automatically supply that behind the fold. It's kind of a security thing? I dunno. )
Old 02-16-2016, 06:08 PM

Credits: 1,802
gunpowdercat is on a distinguished road

Alright, i've gotten this far, but now no matter what I do, it will not verify that I am logged in.. and I cannot log out/log in. I have gone through and looked to see if I made any mistakes, and I don't believe I have.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:10 PM
Premium Member

Does the url you're giving it to visit in the frame have "www" in it?
Old 02-17-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
Does the url you're giving it to visit in the frame have "www" in it?

No, but eventually it began working on it's own. Everything works, except on every page on my site, I receive errors like this, 2-3 of them, and if I remove the freichat temporarily they go away. You can see it here: http://felidaeforest.mysidiahost.com/

This is what the warnings say:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/felidaef/public_html/classes/class_template.php:209) in /home/felidaef/public_html/classes/class_template.php on line 215

My website is also now having the log-in, logout issue as well, and it did not start until I installed freichat.

Last edited by gunpowdercat; 02-17-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:32 AM

After teaching myself some things; I figured out the issue and I hope this helps others as well.

This, for some reason, does not affect the freichat at all if you have it installed. In fact, it works perfectly. If you are having login issues or are getting a header error, instead of putting the code into class_template.php, put it in your directory index.php and remove lines 87 and 92. (after you have completed ALL STEPS) Completely remove those two lines of code. It will work like a charm, and nothing is affected.

I hope this helps someone else! :D
Old 02-17-2016, 08:39 AM
Premium Member

Chances are, something was done wrong. That's all I can really say. Header error happens when you include any data that attempts to render to the page. This could be caused by anything from a typo to a single blank space and the end of the file.

I think something's especially wrong if you can see the chat while not logged into the site... but I digress: On the few pages I can access on your site without being a member, there are no errors.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
Chances are, something was done wrong. That's all I can really say. Header error happens when you include any data that attempts to render to the page. This could be caused by anything from a typo to a single blank space and the end of the file.

I think something's especially wrong if you can see the chat while not logged into the site... but I digress: On the few pages I can access on your site without being a member, there are no errors.
I made it to where guests can be in the chat as well. I had re-done it about 3 times, reinstalled entirely, thinking that a typo was the case. It wasn't.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:46 PM
Co-Owner of MystFell

Credits: 18,408
NobodysHero is on a distinguished road

Anyone know of any reason why all my users are coming up as guests? I pasted the two snippets into the install and installed that other code into the class_template file. Not sure what I did wrong.

----

Never mind. My coder figured it out. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by NobodysHero; 09-24-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Tags
chat, chatroom, facebook-like chat, messenger