Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-13-2014, 01:04 AM

Credits: 1,555
pepofaec is on a distinguished road
Question Login Problems

Please please please forgive me if this has already been answered somewhere. I have looked all over this forum and off and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this and I feel really braindead because of it.

I've setup mostly everything (brand spanking new) all the way up to the admin cpanel and the first initial login on my mysidia site.

The trouble is that I can't login on my mysidia site therefore I can't login with my admin cpanel?

www is appearing in my url bar. I've made sure of that- I had to find some help for that much and it's still not really "helping".

I've created another user for both the database *and* the mysidia site just in case either of those would fix the problem and I feel like I'm running around in circles at this point.

If any of you could help I would be absolutely grateful. I honestly feel like I'm standing at an unlocked door and I can't figure out how to reach out and turn the knob.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:56 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 329,037
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm it does seem that for some users their admin account will not be created properly, the password is inserted incorrectly into database. I have no idea why this happens, and it's only for a few people. Sometimes it fixes their problem by reinstalling the script, sometimes it does not. Perhaps the admin account creation does not take care of special characters.

Anyway try resetting your password and see if that works(you will receive an email addressing how to complete this procedure, assuming your admin email is real). If it still wont work for you, you will have to create a new account and then go to phpmyadmin to make it admin. I will show you how to do that when you get there.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:07 AM

I've actually been in phpmyadmin for a while now trying to figure that part out. I created another user for that database it's self but there wasn't any way to make it admin- just to change the permissions to what exactly the name could modify/add.

When I go into phpmyadmin I'm really lost so walking me through it would be amazing iAi

I tried resetting my password but I never got an email in my inbox or spam folder. It's definitely the correct email.

Ellie In The Woods
Old 04-13-2014, 03:17 AM

I see. Then you need to register a new account, go to phpmyadmin and locate your database table. Then find the table adopts_users, and the row that represents the user you have just created. For this very row, change the field 'usergroup' from 3 to 1, and it will become admin.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:25 AM

Ah! That definitely did something iUi I can see the control panel now!
Will I be able to ever use my first admin account since I'm in on this one? Is there any editting I can do to get my permissions back?

Ellie In The Woods
Old 04-13-2014, 08:27 AM

Well theoretically there is a way to use your first admin account if you figure out what the password is, but the password you see at phpmyadmin is not going to help you much since it's hashed and cannot be decoded(of course it's this way for a good reason, otherwise hackers are everywhere lol).

I know for sure that there is one way to get this done, but its kinda complex and is only recommended for advanced users. If you are so desperately in need of the first admin account, send me a PM and I will write you a detailed tutorial on how to do that in the next few hours.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:38 AM

Credits: 19,310
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepofaec View Post
Ah! That definitely did something iUi I can see the control panel now!
Will I be able to ever use my first admin account since I'm in on this one? Is there any editting I can do to get my permissions back?
Your second account has the very same permissions as the first account, since they are both usergroup 1 (admin). You can delete all references to the first account (it's on multiple tables, not just users) and change the second account's username in phpmyadmin

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:19 AM

Actually it's not that easy, the password hashing/encryption system uses both username and password(plus other things like pepper and salt). Simply changing username in database will not suffice, as you will still end up with errors telling you that the password is incorrect. However, you may try resetting password with the second account, you should receive password reset emails without problems if your email is valid and correct.

If you know the pepper and salt code, you can manually execute the password encryption function to get the 128-characters password hash. Its very easy for me but cant say the same for beginners. Thats why I said you might want to PM me for a much more detailed explanation/tutorial on how to do that, if you desperately wish to go through this procedure.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 PM

Credits: 19,310
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Actually it's not that easy, the password hashing/encryption system uses both username and password(plus other things like pepper and salt). Simply changing username in database will not suffice, as you will still end up with errors telling you that the password is incorrect. However, you may try resetting password with the second account, you should receive password reset emails without problems if your email is valid and correct.
Oops I thought I had changed the username directly on the database before, didn't realize this at all! Sorry about that!

asp.net stole my soul.