Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Sites Showcase

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 AM

Credits: 22,773
Ruinily is on a distinguished road
Default Felkyo creatures

~~
Click the book to enter the realm of the Felkyo.
~---------------------------------------~

This is a continuously growing site where all the graphics were made by me and most of the writing was done by my cousin, so its all original. All the images in this post are pets from the site, I think we have a great variety of creatures and objects, and a few worlds to explore on top of that! So come to the Felkyo pet shop and check out what I might have in stock. I have all sorts of things from magical charms to flying cats!

~*~

Or if that doesnt suit you then check out the cat in the hat with a knack for dimensional travel in the portals room in the back of the shop. They can lead to other far away places with interesting characters, and of course pets like wolves, foxes, owls, scorpians, and butterflies.

~*~

Though if you are looking for a few nice drinks and a snack, or maybe a toy for your new companions check out the stalls!

~*~

If you want a brief look at everything the Felkyo may hold for you from the adopts and items, (or the stories that pop up) or if you want to read up on it check out the library. Heres a couple of books from it.

~*~

Or just outside the shop is a whole mythical market place forum waiting to be explored and used for trading, creating and chatting. Or getting unusual pets like these. (Dont worry there are cute ones too, like ghost cats, seals, many fish, and zombie monkeys.)

~*~

And of course no pet site should be without at least one killer toilet.~

I think he's welcoming you... or possibly wants to eat you, one of the two.

~There may be a few rough edges or glitches since I've just uploaded most of the old site into the new site with the unexpected overhaul, and theres still a lot of things to be fixed, but I'll be sorting it out soonish. And theres always plenty more planned to come to the Felkyo as well! So come and join us in exploring.~
~---------------------~

All updates to the site will be posted in the thread, not in this original post.

Last edited by Ruinily; 04-11-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:27 PM

Credits: 48,701
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

Looks really good! my only complaint is the background image repeats. I prefer when they stretch across my 1900X1200 display
Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Thanks! And yeh thats on my to do list, its fine on my small monitor, but of course when I looked on my brothers huge mac it was tiled horribly. >.< So I'll be working soon on that...

Edit: This is odd, I've managed to enable background stretching on all popular browsers except firefox, which is annoying the main browser used on my site. If anyone has any insight on this I'd be grateful... And yes the image is still a bit rough when its stretched, but I'm working on those individually.

Last edited by Ruinily; 06-02-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 329,515
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

These look impressive, I can see how much time and thoughts you spent into them. Hope to see some of these pets used on adoptables sites.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 19,199
PokePets

Very nice site :O
Old 06-03-2011, 03:52 PM

Credits: 48,701
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

heh sorry to be picky about the background. It can be hard, my advice is to try and find large images meant for backgrounds or ones that are seamless. like try seamless space pictures in google.

i know a way to strech it to any monitor size, well know of a way. Its hard and tricky, wouldn't attempt. and you'd have to google it
Old 06-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Its fine I cant make it perfect without being picky about every little detail. ^_^ And I managed to get it to stretch on all browsers except firefox which doesnt seem to like me... So I'll be making the images more tiled anyway when I get around to it.

And now Felkyo Creatures has a facebook and twitter page, be sure to show your love for the site! ^_^
Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 329,515
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well its a good habit to worry about details, you cannot accomplish anything if you do not take them seriously. There is a difference between caring and over-obsessing, I am sure you understand.

Anyway I like what you've done so far, keep this up!

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 AM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,757
Tequila is on a distinguished road

You may want to change the width of your table, it's coming up a bit off centered in my browser: http://www.diigo.com/item/image/187x1/cp6r

In fact you can modify lots of things with the css, just credit for the original needs to stay, or you can grab one of my other premade themes. :3
Old 06-09-2011, 08:36 PM

I'm struggling with the table width stuff more than I thought I would, its given me a real headache. >.< I dont like having large areas of empty white content when I have nice backgrounds that I've now tiled. Also theres a large difference between the sidebar when the user is logged in or out. I dont want to have about a centimetre of space wasted just because it hangs out a bit when the user is logged out. I'm not sure which is worse, the jutting out part if the user is on one of the pages with a large picture, or the picture not being centred/messing up with spacing if I do centre it. :/ I cant seem to win either way... unless someone knows how to set up an option to pick the theme when the user registers. That'd also solve the weird default theme problem, the default is stuck using an old folder of the theme simple and it wont change to the theme I want in the admin panel, so I've had to keep the unnamed 'ghost' theme upto date with the one I wanted... This is why I've been trying to find a coder or someone that knows this stuff to help, I've amazed myself with making stuff like a delete option, but I have too much to sort out by myself, and I need it all up and running perfectly fast... I've been advertising a little and I want it to look good for that, but also I may not be on next month at all. So it needs to be self sufficient for then with a few pets I can release whe I have time. ^_^

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php