Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Newcomer Center

Notices

Old 07-31-2018, 11:09 AM

Credits: 1,185
Calliope is on a distinguished road
Default Chasing my dream pet site, Arcadia, excited but not sure what I'm doing

Hello. I grew up loving all kinds of virtual pet games. I had a Tamagotchi. I learned my first html from the first days of Neopets. I absolutely love Creatures 3 and have heard the creator is working on his own similar project though I didn't have enough money to help out when the Kickstarter was up, wish I could have.

The genetics part of breeding virtual pets has always been the most fascinating aspect of virtual pet games for me. I got really into Ovipets because it's solely focused on breeding pets, so it was like a dream come true...until I realized how much real money they expect people to pay for in-game credits, either that or spend hours getting a measly credit or two from turning people's eggs in their hatcheries, or sell art for in-game credits...It's disgraceful to me how they expect people to drop so much money, yet enough people do it so they haven't changed. I've gone back to the game a few times, but I'm so frustrated with the credits system that hasn't changed.

I thought for a long time, even before I found Ovipets, how much I'd love more virtual pet games focused on breeding pets, and I never found many to my liking and then was disappointed by Ovipets. I was really happy when I ended up finding out about the Mysidia scripts site when I Googled "pet breeding game" this past week! Screw the Ovipets people! I can create my own game!

I tend to rush into too many side projects, and I'm trying to be better about managing my time especially because I'm looking to go into business for myself, so I'm not planning to sink too much time all at once into a pet website, but it's something that's important to me so I hope to have help moving forward with it. I will devote time to it, I just want to be sure I don't make the same mistake I have with some other things and throw way too much energy at it at once and burn myself out.

I chose the name Arcadia, for the fantasy place mythology reference. The site is set up and I'm grateful for the help with that. ...There's nothing on it currently lol, but I'm very excited to get started. I'll appreciate any help in getting it started. URL here: http://arcadia.mysidiahost.com/

I'm thinking maybe a fantasy theme down the road, to fit the fantasy-inspired name, but first things first, I'm going to work on art for one breedable animal species. I'm thinking maybe a fuzzy puff ball kind of creature, something simple in design to start out with, though I plan to try other species.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Woah man.

Credits: 45,346
Pear is on a distinguished road

Welcome! ^w^
Old 08-02-2018, 04:43 PM

Credits: 1,185
Calliope is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I'm browsing the forums. Is there any kind of newbie tutorial to setting up a site?
Old 08-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Woah man.

Credits: 45,346
Pear is on a distinguished road

There's this one: http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/for...ead.php?t=3532 I'm not sure if it's 100% up to date though since it was posted in 2012 hahaha :3