Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 02-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,538
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well yeah, a good addon plugin should require absolutely no change in files from Mysidia Adoptables' official package, and you only have to download the new files and upload them to your server, then install the plugin through ACP. In Mys v1.4.0 chances are there will still be non-addon mods made by users since it will take time for people to get used to making addons. Also the plugin system will be improved over time. For me though, I will try to make sure to release some of my mods as addons to give you all examples of how it can be done.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Woah man.

Credits: 45,384
Pear is on a distinguished road

I am very surprised that pet grouping isn't on the list for this upcoming update? x) It is probably one of my favorite features out of all of the sites I go on. Having all of my adopts in one place just seems really messy and unorganized to me. c:

(Also, maybe make it so users cannot adopt more of a pet after they send their original to the pound? So for instance, if they adopted 2/2 allowed of a pet, and they were both the same outcome, they send one of the two to the pound and then they adopt a new pet. There might be a way to fix this, but as of right now I've figured it out before any of my users have, so..xD)

I am extremely excited about the multi-alternate images!! :D
Old 02-15-2014, 07:11 AM

tbh I dont really quite get what pet grouping is supposed to look like, can you actually describe it in detail so I can see what you want?

umm I thought in Mys v1.3.4 the adoptables number/owned-number conditions are working properly even with the pound system. Are you saying that the number restrictions do not hold if users pound their pets? Weird, if so I will definitely look into the script and see what it does wrong.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:46 AM

Credits: 19,259
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

It's basically putting pets in groups and being able to see those groups, instead of all pets together in a huge table. So if we had "cats" and "dogs" we'd be able to separate the cats from the dogs. Or the adults from the eggs. Or the rare breeds from the common ones. I've seen dropdown menus (like Tale Of Dragons) and also tabs (like World Of Umbria)to be able to navigate from group to group

asp.net stole my soul.

Last edited by IntoRain; 02-15-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,696
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

Pet grouping is either done manually by the user or automatically through the coding (which may be based on species, sex, level, etc). When done by the user, as it is often preferred, it allows the user to create a new "Adopt Group" from their "Myadopts" page. They should be able to name the group, and decide what the trade settings are for it (commonly allows other users to make trade offers on pets in that group, or not, and some sites make it so you can create a group that only you- and no other users- can see).

After the new group(s) are created users can then select the pets they'd like to move, then move them to the chosen group. They can also, once going to their page, choose which group they see.

Essentially it's a way to organize pets.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Woah man.

Credits: 45,384
Pear is on a distinguished road

^^These two have explained it perfectly. c:

Yes, at least they are not holding for me. c: I pounded my extras on my site, and when I went back to the adopt page, I could adopt more of the pet of which I had just pounded. c:
Old 02-15-2014, 03:00 PM

I see, so its just like categories for items? In Mys v1.4.0 there is a field called 'family' which specifies what family the adoptables species belong to. Its used to replace the 'class' field since 'class' is a keyword in PHP and its easy to cause confusion. Do you like to group adoptables by their family field or do you prefer a different field rather than the family field? Note the family field is tied to breeding, since by default only adoptables belong to the same family can breed.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:56 PM

Credits: 19,259
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

It's more like pokemon does with the boxes. You can put whatever pokemon you want in whatever box you want and organize your pokemon that way. In this case, the users of an adoptable site would be able to put their creatures (regardless of species, level, etc) in whatever group they want, to organize them for themselves and for visitors of their profile

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,103
squiggler is on a distinguished road

I prefer to be able to create my own groups. For one thing, how are the 'families' determined? (Also, I took your post to mean that grouping would restrict breeding?)
-Automatically depending on what can breed with what (fishXfish, catsXcats, etc.)? That'd do nothing for my site; everything can breed with everything.
-By species (not fish, but red fish, blue fish, etc.)? This would not allow crossbreeding.
-When you breed X with Y, they create a family and they can only breed with each other? This is inflexible and users would have to have many adopts of the same kind.
-Users assign and unassign creatures? This is better, but would be annoying if they wanted one creature to breed with all the others.

If the grouping grouped by species (blue fish, red fish, etc.) but did not have restrictions on breeding, that would be better than no grouping. I would still prefer a custom system, though.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:53 AM

Credits: 48,916
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

Hey! I had a few suggestions for Mys v1.4. (: I think most of these should be relatively easy to implement? But I'm no coder so I don't know! :P

1. Items
Whenever I buy items from my shop, I have to give them to my pets one at a time. Could there be a way to input how many items of that type you'd like to give, and then give them?

2. Usergroup icons/colors
I saw you said there will be better usergroup settings and stuff so not sure if you're already planning this, but I think it'd be great if we could put small icons next to a certain user groups names, and even make them a different color.
For example I want to put just a small little heart icon next to a donors name. I figure I could give them the usergroup "donors" or "donator", and it would get added because the donator usergroup gets a heart icon! Then I'd like moderators and such to get colored names.

3.) Improved shoutbox
It would be great if on every post in the shoutbox, there was an 'x' to delete that post and an 'o' to ban that particular member. There could be two options when banning a user. Either from the shoutbox or the whole site. And maybe there could be a time limit to the ban as well.

4.) Daily Simple Quests
I think it'd be great if users could have like a daily task or quest they can do to earn money. As an example, a user could to the Quest page, where an NPC or other would ask them to "Bring me x amount of this item" or "Show me this species of creature" and if they could bring the items or had the adoptable species, they'd get the reward by pressing a Claim button.
Admins could make a bunch of quests like these in their CP, and the quests can be picked randomly from the list everyday, with maybe some quests getting picked less often if the admin specifies.

5.) Admin & mod alerts
In the Admin CP admins & mods can make alerts for the whole site that display at the top or something. Once clicked by the member, it goes away for that member. Or if that's too complicated it can simply go away after a day or two?
Here's what it'd look like:

6.) Making features optional
I see a lot of people are excited for a battling system, stats, random egg drops, item drops, etc, but also some would rather not have that, so can many features just be optional? If you'd like to have it, it can be setup in the Admin CP, but if not, it just won't show up.

These things have already been suggested and I just want to say I highly support them:
Creature profiles/stats, Member achievements, Random Egg Generator, Referral System, Limited amount of eggs at a time, Auctioning items, Random item drops