Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Webmasters Area

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

Credits: 26,103
PTGigi
Default >Altara:.

Ohai. Gigi appears after a long hiatus :U

Since I'm lazy I'm going to copy and paste this over from MA :3

Quote:
Hey guys! So yeah...making a new site :3

Altara is a fantasy based site that offers a variety of creatures from the griffin-like Griffea to the serpentine Chi.

I'm building this site off of phpBB (forum). The forum has little to no coding of mine, but the main site is 100% coded by me :'D

The site is in Beta so you can go here and sign up! http://www.altara.99webs.info/forum/index.php

And yep! That's it for now :3 Coding more complicated stuff will take place during the Beta or after release (so don't bother telling me to add breeding or trading, I have that planned ;))

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."~Mewtwo
My Adoptables|Nuzlocke Webcomic

Last edited by PTGigi; 10-11-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:56 PM

Credits: 48,660
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

So that is you running Altara. Well I must say it is looking really good, nice choice of colors for the theme.I also see you have gotten started, at least with the layout, of your main/adopt page. And up in the header of the pages are those going to be the adopts? They look amazing, I will sign up! Best of luck!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

PTGigi

Lol yes that is me! XD I was going to thank you but my computer died (I'm borrowing my mom's for the time being :3)

Thank you! :D And yes those are adoptables :3 I'm hoping I can code more once I get my files back (Best Buy is transferring the files to a new computer as we speak :D).

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."~Mewtwo
Old 09-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 329,072
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm so you are integrating a forum software with Mys too, like what Kaeliah did a long time ago. Id say impressive, and I wish you the best luck of it. As Mys v1.3.0 is released, I may send a request to Vbulletin and ask their amazing coders to design a bridge for Mys and VB. The same may follow for other advanced forum enginers such as IPB and Xenforo.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

PTGigi

Wait no. I'm building an adoptable site off of the PHPBB3 forum software. No Mys. All my own coding (except for the forums).

But the Mys integration sounds pretty cool 8D

Yay computer fixed so I can resume work |D Well not fixed exactly, I got a whole new computer XD 'Cept all my Adobe stuff isn't working D: So I either got to upgrade that or find a download for Web Premium CS5.0 (since the website only has 5.5 |: I got the serial number I just lost the installation disc ;-; )

Last edited by PTGigi; 09-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

PTGigi

*bump*

Still coding :3 I've also added spoilers to the main post though you can see them in the header anyway XD

Getting the adoption system done! I plan on moving this to Beta once I get the Adoption (nearly done), Level-up (test version done), Profile (nearly done), and Registration Completion (barely started) stuff done :3

As far as the adoption system goes I have it so if the adoptable has a price it will subtract your cash, and I nearly have actually adding the adoptable to the database done (so you can lose money basically XD *shot*).

Old 09-21-2011, 08:05 PM

Credits: 2,493
Pyrkagias is on a distinguished road

THIS WILL BE AWESOME. lol

Do you have any idea when it will be done?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

PTGigi

Thank you!

As of right now I hope I'll get into beta by late October or at the most, sometime this year. Moving from beta to 'complete' will be longer, I have no idea how long that will be. Also, I just dropped Statistics (extra math class) for a Study Hall so that's 40 more minutes a day I can work on this 8D (honestly I knew everything the class went over o-o) So that's now about 60 - 140 minutes a day of work for Gigi :3

Minor update: If you're banned on the forums you can't access the site 8D W00t XD Hopefully this won't happen :3 Also added a new species to the site (4 variations). I'll need to add a lot more than 3 species (6 total variations) to release this site though D: (edit: well I would be adding the new species if lag didn't exist D: )

I should have adoption done this week (unless I get distracted by something else >:U)

Last edited by PTGigi; 09-22-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:28 AM

Credits: 4,211
Niku is on a distinguished road

I really love the forum integration with your content. c:
Great work!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

PTGigi

Thank you! :D (it's a heck of a lot easier than I thought it would be to be honest XD)

Adoption done! Working on the profile some more (namely user's pet list). It's looking good so far 8D

Should be adding 1-2 new species soon so I'll add those up to the first post when I do :3