Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 04:38 PM

Credits: 7,432
Empress_Swanbottom is on a distinguished road
Default 500 Internal Server Error

I've been trying to install the Mysidia Adoptables script on my site for the past few days now and it just won't work. I get up to the install/index.php?step=3, but when I click to continue, it gives me the error page. It worked to the next page when I tried from school, but most of the page didn't load.

I'm trying with a fairly new domain, about 10 days, but that shouldn't be a problem, should it? I mean, it did get past that page after all... once.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

-Empress

Solved!
Turned out I needed to make host name to my CP login, + the hosting site's name-
gardencreaturesnet.ipage.com

Last edited by Empress_Swanbottom; 02-08-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:05 PM

Credits: 22,772
Ruinily is on a distinguished road

I kept having that problem, it turned out the server didnt have PDO enabled. To find that out make a new .php in public_html, and stick the following code in it. Go to the page and it should say 'PDO available' at the top, and anything besides '--enable-PDO' ' in the box of commands... I wanted to make sure so I put two PDO detecting codes on that page. :P Its also handy for checking out whats installed on your server. If you dont have PDO enabled you'll have to request it from your server host, its fairly easy to do I think. And you wont be able to get much further without it, sorry. :( If you want any help I'll be about all night.

Code:
<?

if (!defined('PDO::ATTR_DRIVER_NAME')) {
echo 'PDO unavailable';
}
elseif (defined('PDO::ATTR_DRIVER_NAME')) {
echo 'PDO available';
}

phpinfo(); 

?>

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php
Old 02-06-2013, 06:01 PM

Thanks so much! Looks like I do indeed have PDO enabled...
Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 PM

Um, okay, you could try posting the error it comes up with in the error log to help narrow it down. I might not be able to help with it, but someone else might be able to spot whats wrong with the error. ^_^

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 PM

Well there's a problem... the error log says nothing's wrong. :o

Bah! I hate internet timers. <_< My internet is about to go off so I guess I'll be back in about 20 or so hours. School + internet timer = annoying

Last edited by Empress_Swanbottom; 02-06-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 PM

o.o Thats odd, I would have thought it would log it... you are checking the error log in the same folder your site is in arent you? You need some certain html or php version for it to run, and you need to follow the installing instructions very carefully... Theres a guide on it on here. I couldnt work on my site for about a week because I put a capital letter in the wrong place. -.-' And you need to keep it simple I think, no strange stuff like sticking it straight on top of an old version, or trying to run two adopts sites on one database... It might help to go through this forum with a fine toothcomb if you havent already, sometimes stuff turns up... otherwise you'll have to wait for Hall of Famer, or someone else that might have an idea... In the mean time you could also try starting over and completely uploading the files again. If you feel a bit uncertain about starting over you should be able to rename the folder all your current files are in and put it to the side for a second. ^_^ And make sure its the right version... I dont know how but I uploaded the current version and an old version by accident while I was retrying it... I have no luck with these things lol.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 329,461
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well I dunno why there are so many people with PDO issues, PDO is a PHP extension enabled on PHP Apache servers by default. I've been with a few hosts before, never had to enable that package myself. What hosting services are you using? Just curious.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:27 AM

iPage.
It already has an error log all set up, but it says there's nothing wrong. Somebody from iPage contacted me a few days ago and I sent them a message back a while ago that I'm better contacted via email than phone. They said they wanted to cover a few things, but I'm waiting on a response back so... If I don't get one by tomorrow and I can't get this fixed in a while, I might use their online support.

I've wiped my files a few times now, but it keeps happening. I'm using the newest one.

EDIT:
Okay, this is really confusing as to why it can't get through... I just got a site with x10 and got through the whole thing, but why can't I with my site? I feel like I might have ruined it when I completely and totally wiped the database... oops.

EDIT II:
Oh. My. God... The only thing that I needed to change was the host page from localhost or ipage to gardencreaturesnet.ipagemysql.com I feel stupid now. lol. Yay for 24x7 online support! :D

Last edited by Empress_Swanbottom; 02-08-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 AM

I've got a new 500 Internal Server error now! D: I've installed it, but now whenever I try to do anything in the Admin CP, it sends me to a 500 Internal Server error page stating this-
Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.gardencreatures.net/admincp/image/upload. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Any help?
The only things I can't access are the links in the Admin CP. I can reach everything else, but when I try to do something in the CP, I get the error page...

Last edited by Empress_Swanbottom; 02-09-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 AM

Credits: 5,592
Kamalya is on a distinguished road

Usually when you change something in the PHP and have it configured incorrectly you get that error.

Have you changed anything in the Admin CP PHP files?