Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 07:26 AM

Credits: 3,494
quirkii is on a distinguished road
Default Questions regarding Breeding

I have encountered a a problem with the breeding system on my site and I'm looking to see if there's a solution to this issue, and there are also a few ideas that I have which I'm unsure if it's feasible, so I'll suggest them and if it's not too difficult I hope it can be done, but if it requires more complicated coding then just treat it them as suggestions I guess.

For the problem I encountered regarding breeding. One of the users on my site got banned when she was trying to breed; after making a dummy account and testing things out here and there, I got the same result of getting banned, as well as the error message saying that one of the adoptables do not belong to me. She has obtained both of those adoptables from a promo code, and at that time my promo code script is not edited for public use yet. I had to manually make her the owner of the adoptables, which worked and showed up on her page. But it could be that the editing of ownership is not carried forth to the breeding aspect of the script, because when using the breed option the adoptable is not recognized as belonging to the owner's. I'm planning to edit the script as told in this http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/for...lic+promocodes to enable public promocodes, but I'm not sure if the problem will still persist (as in will the adoptable still not be recognized as belonging to the owner) after installing it. What edits can I make to the script? (or should I try to edit the promo code script first before asking again?)

--

And here are a few ideas I have which I'm not sure if feasible.

Alternate egg image: Is it possible to have an alternate egg image that is available only through breeding. I'm guessing it will be something like having a baby pokemon (if it's a pokemon adoptable site)- or can the breeding result in a new adoptable that is different from the original? (like, a different egg image, with different evolution lines etc)

Breeding stats: Something like breeding chance (I saw a script regarding that on the forums) I guess, but is there a way to make breeding chance not random, but being increased/decreased based on the usage of items? I guess this is not so much for pokemon- but is there a way to slowly build up breeding stats through items; such as tools for romancing etc between 2 adoptables, something like getting them to "know each other" better before jumping straight to the breeding? It's kinda like how ID and species have effect on the compatibility rate of pokemon; and while snooping around the site I came across the idea of "inheritance"; even though that sounds like a system that is based off clicks, is there a way to rely on the usage of items to mutually raise the stats of breeding? So in this case adoptables who "do not know each other" will refuse to breed, for instance.

I feel like there's one more question/idea I want to raise but I'm unable to recall it at the moment. I'll leave this at that then, thank you for the help in advance:)
Old 07-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Credits: 3,494
quirkii is on a distinguished road

Sorry for double posting (I'll edit the first post if there's a need). for the problem I mentioned in the first post, I edited the script following the instructions in the link I mentioned above; and adoptables obtained through promo codes can now breed:D But adoptables obtained through the previous promo code script, or adoptables obtained through the admincp (I used the create new owned adoptable option); even when ownership is already added or edited (for promocode wise) while creating the adoptable, it is still not recognized as my own adoptable when brought to the breeding aspect of things- and the user proceeds to get the error code as well as get banned. Is there a way to resolve this issue? (perhaps an error in breeding.php?)

Tags
alternate, breeding, egg, item, romance