Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-01-2018, 03:48 PM
goofyunicorn goofyunicorn is offline
Kelpie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Unicorn Land
Posts: 100
Gender: Female
Credits: 1,998
goofyunicorn is on a distinguished road
Default Help!

I am using x10Premium and I have downloaded MA 1.3.4. I follow installation directions and when I get to the part where you do "yoursite.com/install/index.php" and I input that into my browser and it says "404 Not Found". How do I fix this? Also, how do I make my actual website as I can't seem to find out how to do so on x10Premium... I am very new to this, haha. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Dinocanid's Avatar
Dinocanid Dinocanid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 501
Gender: Unknown/Other
Credits: 20,058
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road
Default

You need to install the script before you can make the actual website. You said you followed installation directions, then tried to install the script, can you elaborate on that? Which tutorial are you using? (the youtube one is quite old and should not be used)
It also seems like a pathing issue. Is the script contained in a subfolder or did you extract the zip file directly under public_html?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-02-2018, 08:05 AM
goofyunicorn goofyunicorn is offline
Kelpie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Unicorn Land
Posts: 100
Gender: Female
Credits: 1,998
goofyunicorn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinocanid View Post
You need to install the script before you can make the actual website. You said you followed installation directions, then tried to install the script, can you elaborate on that? Which tutorial are you using? (the youtube one is quite old and should not be used)
It also seems like a pathing issue. Is the script contained in a subfolder or did you extract the zip file directly under public_html?
I was following the 1.3.4. tutorial. I extracted the zip file under public_html and it came up with the MysidiaAdoptables subfolder with all the script folders inside it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Dinocanid's Avatar
Dinocanid Dinocanid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 501
Gender: Unknown/Other
Credits: 20,058
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyunicorn View Post
I was following the 1.3.4. tutorial. I extracted the zip file under public_html and it came up with the MysidiaAdoptables subfolder with all the script folders inside it.
If you didn't take it out of the subfolder, then the url to it should be "yoursite.com/mysidia adoptables 1.3.4/install/index.php".
I recommend moving everything out of that folder and straight into public_html.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-02-2018, 09:48 AM
goofyunicorn goofyunicorn is offline
Kelpie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Unicorn Land
Posts: 100
Gender: Female
Credits: 1,998
goofyunicorn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinocanid View Post
If you didn't take it out of the subfolder, then the url to it should be "yoursite.com/mysidia adoptables 1.3.4/install/index.php".
I recommend moving everything out of that folder and straight into public_html.
It works! I get to step 3 though and when I select to go on to the next step, this error message appears:

Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'beausavi_adopts'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Dinocanid's Avatar
Dinocanid Dinocanid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 501
Gender: Unknown/Other
Credits: 20,058
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road
Default

The information for the database user probably doesn't match what you used during installation. (If you didn't make a database user, you can do that from cPanel and make sure to add all permissions)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 AM
goofyunicorn goofyunicorn is offline
Kelpie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Unicorn Land
Posts: 100
Gender: Female
Credits: 1,998
goofyunicorn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinocanid View Post
The information for the database user probably doesn't match what you used during installation. (If you didn't make a database user, you can do that from cPanel and make sure to add all permissions)
I have finally finished! But when I get to the final page, I follow the link to log in to the AdminCp and it says This Page is Not Working?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Dinocanid's Avatar
Dinocanid Dinocanid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 501
Gender: Unknown/Other
Credits: 20,058
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyunicorn View Post
I have finally finished! But when I get to the final page, I follow the link to log in to the AdminCp and it says This Page is Not Working?
Could you take a screenshot of it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-02-2018, 01:14 PM
goofyunicorn goofyunicorn is offline
Kelpie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Unicorn Land
Posts: 100
Gender: Female
Credits: 1,998
goofyunicorn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinocanid View Post
Could you take a screenshot of it?
First picture is of the option to view website on the installation process of MAS and second picture is what I get when I click on the link

http://ibb.co/n32Pw6

http://ibb.co/n32Pw6
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Dinocanid's Avatar
Dinocanid Dinocanid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 501
Gender: Unknown/Other
Credits: 20,058
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road
Default

I think it might be fixed with this: http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=4763
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
help!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Currently Active Users: 58 (2 members and 56 guests)
Threads: 3,940, Posts: 31,374, Members: 15,522
Welcome to our newest members, Nairi.
BER





What's New?

What's Hot?

What's Popular?


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBCommerce I v2.0.0 Gold ©2010, PixelFX Studios
vBCredits I v2.0.0 Gold ©2010, PixelFX Studios
Emoticons by darkmoon3636