Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-29-2017, 01:05 PM

Credits: 8,244
aquapyrofan is on a distinguished road
Question Delay Level Up?

I don't think this is going to be an easy mod, and I have no idea how to do it (Maybe a daily cron job that checks for clicks and another variable? Dunno), but I want to implement some way to delay growth of creatures for a day or two, simply so even when they get flooded with clicks, they don't immediately hatch/grow up.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:51 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,957
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

That sounds cool - so they meet a minimum requirement and then they start growing up over time?

Similarly, I want something where they also don't automatically grow up, but a button appears telling the owner that they can manually grow them up, if they want to. I haven't put a lot of thought into it yet, myself. I wonder if HoF could give us a push in the right direction.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
That sounds cool - so they meet a minimum requirement and then they start growing up over time?

Similarly, I want something where they also don't automatically grow up, but a button appears telling the owner that they can manually grow them up, if they want to. I haven't put a lot of thought into it yet, myself. I wonder if HoF could give us a push in the right direction.
That would be really cool, honestly. I'm thinking something like dragon cave's requirement that they be around for a few days first (and meet the required views) could be done with cron jobs and another DB column, but that would be a sub-optimal solution. What would likely be better is having some way to, like you said, have them able to grow at a button press after they meet the requirements. I was thinking about manual growth earlier, actually, because sometimes a reset to the first level or freezing just doesn't seem like the best way to handle people not wanting their creatures to grow. I may be an admin on my site, but I'm actively playing by the rules, so I run into a lot of the same issues/questions my user base has or will.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 PM

Credits: 7,630
KatFennec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post

I've got a system up that cuts out the normal levelups, and requires the use of an item to advance in level - maybe it could help point you in the right direction?

Here
Old 05-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,427
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well on Mysidia there is already a feature to limit how many clicks a pet can receive per day, you can do this from admin control panel.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Well on Mysidia there is already a feature to limit how many clicks a pet can receive per day, you can do this from admin control panel.
This is not the issue. The issue has been solved, because I wanted a way to make it so leveling up wasn't done immediately upon required clicks being reached if it was too quickly. Which, at this point, it has to be done manually using an item on my site. In addition to click limiting that makes it take a few days to get required clicks.

I also only saw a way to limit how many times users can click pets (which doesn't affect items that raise clicks), and none for how many times pets can be clicked, but I may have missed something.

Last edited by aquapyrofan; 05-08-2017 at 09:19 AM.