Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Feedback and Suggestions

Notices

Old 02-25-2015, 01:38 AM

Credits: 1,305
GalesEpicenter is on a distinguished road
Default Just plain stuck

I made it to the very end of the tutorial video explaining how to use the script with x10host and finished the installation part, but my site is just a blank page.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,952
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Please read this stickied topic about x10 hosting. Unfortunately, x10 hosting is no longer the best choice. If you poke around, you can find others, but I have no personal recommendations there (other than 99webs.org - but it's a one on one agreement with the owner, who does pop on our forums now and then, but Nemesis has to be online to approve you, so it could take a while).

If you're just interested in development and don't plan to get on paid hosting any time this century while you're still working out the kinks, might I suggest hosting it yourself... from your very own computer? There are many Apache-MySQL-PHP packages that allow you to do just this - I recently wrote a guide on a Windows one (WAMP), but if you have a different operating system it's still useful and I can probably help work out the details.

Last edited by Kyttias; 02-25-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozeuth View Post
If you're interested, 000webhost (http://www.000webhost.com/) works very well :) I just got it up a couple of days back and can help you a bit since the memory of installation is still fresh.

Yeah I have to agree bout x10hosting. It doesn't let people from what it deems "odd" countries even view any content hosted there, which makes it a pain as it severely reduces the number of potential site members. I can't view any adoptables site set up there due to my country, and going through proxy sites doesn't help either 0.0
I just made an account, I would appreciate the help. I've retried x10 three times and im done with that host.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,952
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

000webhost does not allow game scripts, so you risk your site get deleted at any time. Did you read the stickied article I linked you to? It does provide a fix for x10 hosting that is an additional step that seems to work for most people, with a few odd exceptions.

Last edited by Kyttias; 02-25-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
000webhost does not allow game scripts, so you risk your site get deleted at any time. Did you read the stickied article I linked you to? It does provide a fix for x10 hosting that is an additional step that seems to work for most people, with a few odd exceptions.
Yeah I tried that each of the three times. It's pretty much no dice with any of these hosts isn't it. I don't want to have to make some demon blood pact with someone to have a pet adoptable site hosted.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:51 AM

Credits: 1,621
Ozeuth is on a distinguished road

Hey Gale :)
Sorry I got things a bit mixed up- it's byethost that I use. https://byethost.com/free-hosting/news I apologize for confusing you as I researched alot of sites prior to getting mine and must have gotten mine muddled

Instructions for byethost:
*As a general rule
Please stick to the same user and pass for ANYTHING you create in byethost, including byethost's own user and pass for your account. It can get messy later esp if you can't remember stuff.

1. After you have created an account, go to your CPanel
2. Click "MySQL databases"
3. Create a new database and call it whatever you want
4. Go back to Cpanel, and this time click "Online file manager"
5. In the file manager, you will see "htdocs" and some other files. Delete all the other files except "htdocs".
6. Then, go into "htdocs" and delete everything there
7. In htdocs, click "upload"
8. Upload the entire Mysidia Adoptables v.1.34 zip file into there. Unlike most sites, you can upload 6MB into the file directly so no need for Filezilla :)
9. Go back and enter your Mysidia adoptables v.1.34 file, and select (tick) every item
10. Click "move" and move it to htdocs (Delete the "/Mysidia adoptables v1.34")
11. Check everything has been moved out of Mysidia adoptables v1.34 directory. if it has, you can delete it.
12. Access the folder "inc" and select "config.php", then click the "change permissions" button, and then make it so the numbers says "777". And click "Change Permissions".
13. Access "picuploads" and Chmod it to 777. (It's in public_html)
14. Type in this:
http://yoursite.something.com/install/index.php In our case, it's yoursite.byethost7.com (may not be 7, can be different depending on which of em you are using)
You should reach the installation site.

Installing:
Installation is simple. Follow this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFk8wjZXaYw from 6.00 onwards to understand how to do it.
Btw, to check what your database is:
1. Click "MySQL databases"
2. copy/paste info from there.
Eg. In the MySQL
Database host is MySQL Host Name
Database user is MySQL User Name
Database password is your password for your entire byethost account
Domain name is yoursite.byethost7.com (or whatever byethost it is).
Keep everything else the same as the video
you should have your site successfully isntalled

Post-Instalallation:Follow video and chmod all the files in the video back to their original values and delete "install" directory. going to your website, www.yoursite.com, should bring you to your site with Mysidia installed :)

If you really can't do it, I may have the time to fix one up for you. Simply make a new gmail account, pm me the username and password and I'll help you set up the site. You can change the username and pass after that if you want! Sorry for getting you confused haha XD
Old 02-27-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozeuth View Post
Hey Gale :)
Sorry I got things a bit mixed up- it's byethost that I use. https://byethost.com/free-hosting/news I apologize for confusing you as I researched alot of sites prior to getting mine and must have gotten mine muddled

Instructions for byethost:
*As a general rule
Please stick to the same user and pass for ANYTHING you create in byethost, including byethost's own user and pass for your account. It can get messy later esp if you can't remember stuff.

1. After you have created an account, go to your CPanel
2. Click "MySQL databases"
3. Create a new database and call it whatever you want
4. Go back to Cpanel, and this time click "Online file manager"
5. In the file manager, you will see "htdocs" and some other files. Delete all the other files except "htdocs".
6. Then, go into "htdocs" and delete everything there
7. In htdocs, click "upload"
8. Upload the entire Mysidia Adoptables v.1.34 zip file into there. Unlike most sites, you can upload 6MB into the file directly so no need for Filezilla :)
9. Go back and enter your Mysidia adoptables v.1.34 file, and select (tick) every item
10. Click "move" and move it to htdocs (Delete the "/Mysidia adoptables v1.34")
11. Check everything has been moved out of Mysidia adoptables v1.34 directory. if it has, you can delete it.
12. Access the folder "inc" and select "config.php", then click the "change permissions" button, and then make it so the numbers says "777". And click "Change Permissions".
13. Access "picuploads" and Chmod it to 777. (It's in public_html)
14. Type in this:
http://yoursite.something.com/install/index.php In our case, it's yoursite.byethost7.com (may not be 7, can be different depending on which of em you are using)
You should reach the installation site.

Installing:
Installation is simple. Follow this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFk8wjZXaYw from 6.00 onwards to understand how to do it.
Btw, to check what your database is:
1. Click "MySQL databases"
2. copy/paste info from there.
Eg. In the MySQL
Database host is MySQL Host Name
Database user is MySQL User Name
Database password is your password for your entire byethost account
Domain name is yoursite.byethost7.com (or whatever byethost it is).
Keep everything else the same as the video
you should have your site successfully isntalled

Post-Instalallation:Follow video and chmod all the files in the video back to their original values and delete "install" directory. going to your website, www.yoursite.com, should bring you to your site with Mysidia installed :)

If you really can't do it, I may have the time to fix one up for you. Simply make a new gmail account, pm me the username and password and I'll help you set up the site. You can change the username and pass after that if you want! Sorry for getting you confused haha XD
Thanks! If I can't do it I'll be sure to message you. I really appreciate you giving me instructions to kind of an alternative. There aren't many explanations on this forum except for select few hosts. Idk maybe I just did something wrong with the other hosts, but still a big thanks for your time.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:05 AM

Credits: 1,621
Ozeuth is on a distinguished road

Np! Tell me if you get stuck!