Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 06-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,937
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Default Novul

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚PROJECT OVERVIEW˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙
Novul is planned to be an online virtual pet game! It is less a creature-collecting game and more of a feature-collecting game, the features being augments such as various kinds of ears and tails. The emphasize will be on breeding Novu into the coolest, cutest critters with colors and augments to your liking.

The plot here is set in a realm of dreams, which is being plagued by outside nightmares! The end goal for this project is something closer to an actual RPG, where time is spent exploring, questing, and purifying nightmare-infected Novu to learn augments from them and customize your Novu.

Individual Novu can be played with, groomed and fed! If you run out of action points to continue exploring the world, take a break to browse through and interact with other people's Novu to restore your points. Visiting Novu, your own or otherwise, let's you collect dreamdust, which is used to gauge site activity.

Your own engagement levels are also measured against others and you will receive weekly rewards accordingly. The top percentage of active dreamdust collectors will be entered into raffles to potentially win a pre-release of the next month's donation gift augment for free!

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚DEVELOPMENT NEEDS˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

✧ Environment & Augment Artists ✧
✧ HTML5 Canvas/JS/Phaser Games ✧
✧ Music for Promo Videos & Games ✧

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚RECENT UPDATES˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙
December 2020 - After a long hiatus, work is being done again. I'm ambitiously desiring many custom systems. I'm happy to lurk again to answer any questions I can. I still can't offer tech support on any of my old Mysidia addons -- I've sincerely forgotten about them.

For Novul itself, I've implemented the means to use Discord as an oAuth login rather than having users register through Mysidia. It still has some problems for use in a live site, due to things other than the uid being referenced in certain core Mysidia files, but I'm working on it. I've also implemented Patreon integration successfully, but I'm still working on practical use cases. (I don't mind offering Patreon integration as a mod for Mysidia 1.3.4/5, but Discord login will have to wait for 1.4.x probably.)

Last edited by Kyttias; 12-21-2020 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Premium Member

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚SPRING 2021 TO•̩̩͙DO LIST˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙
Discord Login Integration - This is actually already done!! However, there are a few remaining issues if users have non-Latin/English characters in their Discord handles that I need to deep dive into.

Fix Tabs on User Profiles - Somehow this got borked real bad.

Add Pagination to Pets Tab on User Profile - I may end up having to do this with an iframe for the best effect.

Last edited by Kyttias; 12-06-2020 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:04 PM

Credits: 48,155
Hwona is on a distinguished road

Oooh, this looks really interesting. I could help out if you want. :3
Old 06-22-2014, 05:26 PM

Credits: 48,897
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

Ooohh, I'm liking your adoptables so far! I will join once your site is up and running! ^^
Old 06-23-2014, 03:12 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,651
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

The art looks very cool so far, and I like the story :D

You might try asking around the VirtualPetList for programmers for the game and currency, and there are probably sites that either offer open-source music or where you could purchase liscences, etc for the music?
Old 06-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Premium Member

@Wallie - Would love the help. ovo

@Abronsyth - I wonder if anyone over on VirtualPetList is familiar enough with Mysidia or would be willing to learn. I'm fairly good with coding myself, but Mysidia's just... not well documented/not documented at all. Both me and the stranger I enlist face the same task of staring through files until it makes sense. (And any decent coder might be tempted to make their own system from the ground up for the same price as learning a new one, just so they know what they're working with for future additions. . . . and I don't really want to pay for that.) If I can convince someone there's potential profit to be had by getting their hands into Mysidia and really learning it to help out the community here, then it'd still be a worthwhile visit to flag down some outside interest. But... I might want to wait until the release of 1.4, since I hear so much is changing.

I really, really enjoy visiting NewGrounds just to listen to the music section. As soon as I've got a game built I'm considering poking at a few people. (So much talent over there.) Most audio there seems to be licensed as 'must give attribution, not for commercial works' - and I'm not sure if that's just site-wide policy, the default, or what the majority of people choose to select. I'll just have to contact people.

Last edited by Kyttias; 10-22-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,100
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Those are really good! Hey, I have an idea for you- maybe if your users achieve something big (collect 500 adopts or something?), you can give them one full colored one! Just an idea.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Premium Member

Heh, these guys will be colored! In fact, I want to hire people to color them. I'm still in the process of getting all the files organized. Everything that's done has their own file for Paint Tool SAI, but I'll be saving to .psd soon so my helper artists can open these files in more programs.

During beta, Novu will be black and white at initial adopt/purchase. After beta, they will come in their own default colors, and the beta versions will be discontinued - but still owned by everyone who has them, essentially making them rare. Non-colored versions of new species after launch will be available through a quest (or perhaps as item), but ordinarily, these guys will come in a variety of colors.

Last edited by Kyttias; 11-09-2014 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,100
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Oh, that'll be cool! I might join. :)
Old 06-29-2014, 03:28 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,330
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

This looks nice and promising, more important you have a plan and I like the fact that you know very well what you are doing. Keep up the great work. ^^

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.