Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,982
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahbikat View Post
Kyttias, are you a blogger or article writer?
Because you should be if not, seriously! If you have a blog you should totally give me the link. I love your writing! <3
I'm not, currently! I'm highly considering it. I do post links to cool web design/development resources on my twitter, tumblr and google+ pages (all not too hard to find with a quick google search, same user name as here!) . . . but I don't write articles just yet. I'm pretty verbose when it comes discussing things I'm passionate about, and I love being helpful.

Also, hmmm... news articles. For returning users, they might like a quick glance at the news the moment they show up at the site -- but new visitors aren't so interested, I agree. I think this could easily be solved be redirecting users at log in straight to the news page. (By default Mysidia redirects to a list of account management features, but... I personally don't like that. In fact, it might be nice to roll the account management list into a widget beside the news, but also making sure that users visiting the news page won't see that widget when they're not logged in.)
Old 03-22-2014, 10:40 AM

Credits: 48,917
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

That's a great idea! I'll do that! :D I too was thinking of putting a little account widget somewhere, just so that members can easily see if they have a new PM and access their basic stats. Eventually I'd really like there to be user experience and levels which can display in the sidebar widget.

But yea seriously, if you ever start up a blog or something let me know, haha. <3
Old 03-22-2014, 11:20 PM

Second mockup. Not sure which one I like more. :<
Old 03-23-2014, 06:35 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,542
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Oh the site looks gorgeous. ^^ You are great at designing site template, no question about it. Perhaps you may consider making a few skins/themes for the script? Its your choice though.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:24 AM

I was actually thinking about it once I get more familiar with the script. (: if I manage to get one of these layouts installed easily I'll definitely make some free ones for users! c:

Here's the redone brown Flower Cat and a new siamese Flower Cat. c:

Last edited by tahbikat; 03-23-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,103
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Hmm...the second one- if the black part can collapse, you'd probably want to do that. With the recent emphasis on smaller screens, computers aren't as wide as they used to be.
I think a good compromise is what UC does. It has a thin sidebar with space on both sides to compensate for smaller screens. (Note: The sidebar is about 2/3x as long if you're logged in.)
Old 03-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,982
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

This might help on making the sidebar work well on smaller screens (even phones): http://liveweave.com/KmNVd7 I tried to simplify the code as much as possible. Check out what it does at different widths! At anything above a certain size, the menu toggle won't appear at all. At smaller widths, the menu can be collapsed with it. How you manage your space vertically within the sidebar is up to you.

With that in mind, it'd be easy to change the height of any header you included to be shorter on mobile devices. I've colored the space for the header and wrote a note by it in the css. If you make a copy of it in the section for smaller screen widths, and change the height, then you'll be able to have something mobile-friendly. ^^

Last edited by Kyttias; 03-24-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:55 PM

Kyttias you're amazing! Thanks so much! <3 I'll definitely be using this!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:50 AM

Credits: 4,291
Zyraph is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I wonder if the MAS could do with a more collaborative effort...I know HallofFamer loves doing what he does with Mysidia, and I know at least a couple others are working on it (or have in the past), but I do wonder what could happen if it was hosted on something like GitHub or something. It would also be pretty easy for people to modify code and then have pull requests for HoF to check through and such.

Back on topic, you are pretty epic with designs, tahbikat! I hope mine can look half as nice as yours! I've just got a lot of overhead at the moment kuz I tend to go a little too big for what I want/really need X3
Old 03-28-2014, 12:44 PM

Thanks a lot Zyraph! ^^ That means a lot!
And as long as you have the dedication and inspiration, I'm sure your site will be amazing! (: