Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,962
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My response on VPL

So many critiques, so few doing any better.

And they accused me of 'tossing mud', because I actually made a valid point. What a joke.

http://www.virtualpetlist.com/thread...0/#post-205021

Last edited by Missy Master; 08-13-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:43 PM

Credits: 48,692
Hwona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
So many critiques, so few doing any better.

And they accused me of 'tossing mud', because I actually made a valid point. What a joke.

http://www.virtualpetlist.com/thread...0/#post-205021
I have to agree that that was a bit too unreasonable. Mysidia may not have the best quality(not that I understand the "issues" they were talking about), but it seems as though they were comparing the script to a flawless one...
that doesn't exist?
Also, since the reviewer has the time and skill to write reviews on how basically everything about the script is problematic, couldn't he use that review-writing time to contribute to the script and notify HoF? D:<
I mean, if your coding skills are so great but you don't have the [strike]time[/strike](nah, he had the time clearly) and the genrosity to make a "good" free script, then why doesn't he offer a helping hand to someone who does? My goodness...
Old 08-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 331,604
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well I guess partially it was because the original script was really bad, when I barely took over from BMR it had bugs and amateur code all over the files. I wasnt able to fix them quickly after someone first pointed it out(and it was my fault for not taking it seriously at first), so the bad impression lasted for a while. Even now, its hard to change people when their first impression was already so firm. I do think Mys v1.3.x still needs some improvements, but I aint quite optimistic about Mys v1.4.x's reception either even if I'll have fixed everything by then. I guess hope on VPL is all lost, I dont plan to change their mind. They do make some points I cannot argue, at least for now. Thankfully, the issues mentioned in Nobackseat's latest post are already fixed in Mys v1.4.x(barring the view being PHP since I dont see anything wrong with that).

Edit: I checked out modular gaming too, it looks nice and professional, but it doesnt seem to be specifically customized to work with adoptables/pets. Maybe they have an extension that allows that? I dont know, but it doesnt seem to be an alternative for people with absolutely no coding skills.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

It seems they did a pretty new recent review, and my whole point was, if someone there has the skill and the time, let's see what you got?

And nothin'. haha, as usual. I've been waiting 7 years for something like that and Mysid IS the best .. I tried Kitto ( doesn't even load the SQL! ) and their Modular Gaming thing -- that is a total fail.

VPet is a SUPER neat script and I have it, if we could gank some of their games for Mysida, that would be awesome.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Number one, that I hear: we need games, we need Quests, we need activities. I'm having people quit my site for lack of them, and I just can't get the hang of coding them.

Last edited by Missy Master; 08-13-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Well I guess it was because the original script was really bad, when I barely took over from BMR it had bugs and amateur code all over the files. I wasnt able to fix them quickly after someone first pointed it out, so the bad impression lasted for a while. Even now, its hard to change people when their first impression was already so firm. I do think Mys v1.3.x still needs some improvements, but I aint quite optimistic about Mys v1.4.x's reception either even if I'll have fixed everything by then. I guess hope on VPL is all lost, I dont plan to change their mind. They do make some points I cannot argue, at least for now.
Well, it's still a bit ridiculous to rant about something before you put in the slightest effort to fix it? Where are you going to find another person who will dedicate so much time to such a project for free? I understand that they were saying the script has problems, but they shouldn't bash it so brutally in comparison to something that's perfect but doesn't exist - at least not for non-coders like me. XP
Even if you're not willing to include effort as an object of evaluation, you have to acknowledge the the Mys script actually exists right - with support? O.o
Old 08-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 331,604
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

By vPet do you mean this? Or do they have a newer and better version?
http://webscripts.softpedia.com/scri...ine-40487.html

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
It seems they did a pretty new recent review, and my whole point was, if someone there has the skill and the time, let's see what you got?

And nothin'. haha, as usual. I've been waiting 7 years for something like that and Mysid IS the best .. I tried Kitto ( doesn't even load the SQL! ) and their Modular Gaming thing -- that is a total fail.

VPet is a SUPER neat script and I have it, if we could gank some of their games for Mysida, that would be awesome.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Number one, that I hear: we need games, we need Quests, we need activities. I'm having people quit my site for lack of them, and I just can't get the hang of coding them.
I agree. I'd love to help yu out with this, but I think my coding skills are poorer than yours. :L
If they say Mysidia has problems, then let's fix them slowly. :3
Old 08-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Wallie I am with you 100 %!!!!!

And yes, HOF, thats the one. That site doesn't even exist now, but i have the whole script and SQL -- they are apparently gone for good.

They have GREAT games and quests and shops on this .. the code is crap and apparently bad, but I'd bet someone here could gank just enough for us to have some good games and features outta this! :)
Old 08-13-2014, 02:13 PM

Well, I hear the comment function in Mys can work with javascript. I have no experience with JS, but I've seen some games on *cough* khanacademy(I'm a young student) *cough* that earn points. All the codes are open. I wish there's a way to turn those points into money... Actually, is this possible?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

This is what this script needs, SO bad. Games, Quests, things people can do when they get sick of collecting and breeding.

I'd bet a few days or even a day, and someone here can get a few going! :)

And it needs to plug into the currency system, give them $$ --- or the pets, give them points etc