Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 03:50 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,703
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road
Default Never Mind

Please never mind this. Actually, if a mod/admin could, please lock or delete it.

Last edited by Abronsyth; 04-09-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:52 AM

Credits: 66,349
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

I confess I don't like spiders very much (very large phobia here), but I think it's a wonderful original idea - and you'll get a solid, dedicated memberbase because there isn't much competition and the people interested are people who really like them.

Last edited by AlexC; 01-08-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,564
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

These are indeed quite intriguing ideas, I believe with Mys v1.3.0 out in recent future the workload of such a complicated site can be significantly reduced. It seems that you are incorporating an adoptables stats system, interesting. Id like to keep an eye on your project and see how it develops, best luck.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:19 PM
bruh

Credits: 35,664
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

Yay :3
Make Iris your mascot :D
On the subject of cross breeding, I researched it, and it's a bad thing to do since it'll ruin everything

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:33 PM

Credits: 2,490
Pyrkagias is on a distinguished road

Spiders are so nice.

You made a tarantula site on MA, right?

Anyway, good luck.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 PM
A Headache Embodied

Gloometh, that's part of the reason I want, so badly, to create a successful spider site. I want to spread awareness about the gorgeous little 8 legged, fluffy spiders that are very much misunderstood. That too, the only ever spider adopts site I've come across was one that I made XD

HOF, haha, that is what I'm hoping for! As for the stats system, I am currently in the process of figuring out the best way to add that...the stats wouldn't be added until level 1, after the egg hatches, and then I will have to find a way to make it so that, from the ACP, when creating an adoptable I can select whether it is an arboreal, terrestrial, as well as the speed, temperament, etc...if I can't figure it out myself I'll have to set up a Species Page to give info for each species, instead of each particular spider. Thank you :)

Chibi, Iris and Crayola/Vincent (depending on what my 2nd T's name will be...) will be the two mascots :) I also have done a little research on hybrid Ts...they are very rare, and not very good to have anyways, so I won't even consider cross-species. Haha, I'll have to put that in the FAQ page:
Q: Will there ever be hybrid tarantula species?
A: The simple answer is no.

Pyr, that they are :) And yes, I did at one point, but it didn't allow the freedom that I need to develop this into a serious project...

Thank you for the support, guys! At the moment, in the art department, I have been putting my new camera to good use in taking pictures of Iris, my pet Mexican Red Knee tarantula, and using the images I take of her as references, very helpful. I do have one current example to offer, the coloring is NOT official, it is just a test.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Credits: 66,349
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually do have a pretty bad unexplainable phobia of all instincts (even that image is making me a bit queazy...) but I'll still support the site, because I'm all for unique pets! (my rats are a prime example)

I would suggest maybe making the images smaller though, because people don't like having big images for signatures.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:27 AM
A Headache Embodied

Yeah, the spider image is not going to be an actual base used...and it is still too big. It's just an example of the over all style, etc. :)

And lots of people are squeamish of bugs...I just don't understand it because I, myself, am not. Where as people who are afraid of spiders don't understand my love for them, simply because they don't :)
Old 01-11-2012, 10:15 AM
bruh

Credits: 35,664
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

I'm glad you're not going to include hybrids :3
They're unethical since they don't happen in the wild, they only happen in captivity, and if introduced, they could reproduce and the original species could become rare o-o

The image is so amazing :3 The style is great, just a little thing to keep in mind... if you're going to use shadows... make it so it's proportional... because... the shadow is a bit chubby :3

I actually have a phobia of ALL bugs (I say bugs 'cause then spiders are included)... gawd, I have to ask my brother to get rid of a tiny greenfly o-o

But I don't consider tarantulas as a type of bug because it's big, and furry. Furry is usually animals.

And tarantulas... if I do get one when I'm 18, will help me conquer the fear of bugs :3

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 PM
A Headache Embodied

Chibi, I agree. Actually, hybrids rarely happen in captivity, since the female T tends to see the male as food instead of a male, and the male doesn't see the female as a female.

I'm not actually going to include the ground-shadows, that was just out of pure boredom XD

I'd have to agree with that one. They are, technically, bugs, but they are so fluffy and big, put off body heat, and think very differently, that they seem more like some odd sort of mammal with extra legs, over anything else!

On another note, I just got my A. versicolor baby! For now it's name is Tiny, until I learn the gender, since it's too small to tell. And it is tiny! From pedipalps to spinnerets, it's only about 2 cm long!

I hope you do get a T! They are great, long lasting companions. Easy to care for, don't take up much room, are inexpensive to care for, and the females usually live 30+ years!