Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 05:57 AM

Credits: 537
Sirenism
Default Loading Slow

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or could help me with the following issue.

Currently all of my threads* containing adoptable images are loading really slow. About 33% of the time they cause a MYSQL Error instead of loading in my XMB forum, a refresh fixes the issue. I've never been able to catch the error while having debug on, so I'm assuming it has something to do with the loading time.

*We have an "adoptables" game thread where users create their own thread and place their adoptables inside to collect or trade with other users. The reason for this is because there was no way to integrate the adoptables with XMB. It was easier to do it all on site rather than have a separate off-site game.

I've tried using the siggy fix provided in this thread but it hasn't sped up anything.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:00 AM

Credits: 10,557
BMR777 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Loading Slow

Is this all running on the same server? Do you have root access to the server? What control panel, ex CPanel, are you running on the server. Depending on how many adoptable images you are putting at one time your server may be hitting the maximum number of clients or connections that can be served at one time. If you have root access to the server there are a few things I can help you try to fix this. :)
Old 06-05-2010, 11:32 PM

Sirenism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR777
Is this all running on the same server? Do you have root access to the server? What control panel, ex CPanel, are you running on the server. Depending on how many adoptable images you are putting at one time your server may be hitting the maximum number of clients or connections that can be served at one time. If you have root access to the server there are a few things I can help you try to fix this. :)
I'm not sure if we have direct access to the server or not (the other admin is the one hosting the forum and she said she thinks so.) but yes it's running on the same server.

Here are the specs from our CPanel if it helps at all.

cPanel Version 11.25.0-STABLE
Architecture i686
MySQL version 5.1.30
cPanel Build 46156
Apache version 2.2.11
PHP version 5.2.9
cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)
Old 06-06-2010, 05:04 PM

Credits: 10,557
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

Ok. Have the server root user log into the WHM console of the server and look at Service Status > Apache Status. See if the number of idle workers is 0 or a low number while the server is slow. Also see if the maxclients number is hitting a maximum number it doesn't go above. The server's httpd.conf file, which controls how the server serves web content to users may need to be tweaked or optimized. :)
Old 06-08-2010, 02:20 AM

Sirenism

She said that she couldn't locate the servers httpd.conf file and submitted a ticket.

I appreciate you taking the time to attempt to help. :)