Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 12:03 PM

Credits: 10,083
redheadturkey is on a distinguished road
Default re: mweor type genetic --attributes passed on

I'm trying to think how to explain what I'm wondering about--- -basically, can anyone give me a clue or idea how to pursue making it that-- lets say--- the offspring of Pet A ( who is a great battle Pet ) is passed on that attribute by Pet A -- or let's say the offspring of Pet B win many shows, are very good specimens of their type---

in other words, I really want to be able to have the offspring be passed on certain attributes from their parents ---- and that would involve getting that info from the database, of course, such as battle prowess, etc etc. It could be extended to markings and all kinds of things.

I am betting it would involve putting in percentages to the breeding script---such as if parent A has 877 battle points and parent B has 46565 then child has 3000 or is simply noted as excelling from birth.

Right now, there is no way at all to pass down any attributes unique to EACH pet into their young---- and it would be a really fantastic thing to be able to do :)

On mweor, they can pass on markings and use percentages and all --- I just need a hint at least of what to change, or alter, or add.

Thanks!! :)
Old 07-03-2010, 05:13 PM

Credits: 10,555
BMR777 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: re: mweor type genetic --attributes passed on

Well, the first thing you would have to add is some form of attributes to the pets. The easiest way to do this is to add some database fields to your owned_adoptables database table. Maybe you would add fields for strength, battle ability, etc. Then when you create an offspring child pet you would look at the database fields for the two parent pets and use some calculation to set the fields of the child pet accordingly. :)
Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 AM

Credits: 10,083
redheadturkey is on a distinguished road

thanks Brandon! :)

I'll see what I can do with this, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 AM

Credits: 127
vcose

Finally i found this through google
Regards