Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Credits: 66,344
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Random Suggestions

Was thinking about some features people might like to see added to the script.

- Random events; I've always looked these on Neopets, and I think some other websites have had them as well. What if for every page you were on, you had a chance of getting a random event - you gain or lose an item or amount of currency. You could even theoretically do it with adoptables. Or maybe they could just be "random" things, like meaningless descriptions or something.

- Schools; what if, once the stats are released, you could have the option of training your pet? It could either be instant, where you go, pay a certain amount and your pet either gains a new battle ability, or raises their stats a bit. You could also do it so it isn't instant, where you have to put your pet into class for a certain amount of time, and during that time, it can't be traded, bred or in the future - battled against or used for exploring. I personally prefer the latter concept because it means people will have to return to the website later to see their new stats, or possibly to "pick up" their pet, so you wouldn't gain the training until you clicked a button and pulled them out of it. (obviously, if you, say, cancelled early, you wouldn't get a refund or the extra stat) Only issue with the last one is it'll probably require cron jobs.

- Achievements; I don't know if this has been suggested before, but what if you got badges, trophies or just a sort of "checklist" of things once you'd done them. For example, collected a certain number of one item or type of pet, items or pets in total, time spent in game, money earned, pets clicked. So on and so forth.

- Premium content; I would highly recommend this one sometime in the future - as a full feature of the script, instead of a mod, due to level of integration. I think perhaps we should look into giving bonuses for types of premium accounts. For example; if we introduce a customizable pet limit, put an additional field for premium pet limit. Maybe another field for money earned clicking, inventory limits, access to pages. Discounts on trading and the pound, even at shops, maybe less time between breeding. It's not much at the moment, but as we add more features, you could just continually add the ability for web masters to add a little something. The only thing is that it might require some sort of paypal thing, or possibly a currency option, where you can turn in points, or even items perhaps, for the account option. Also a renewable thing would be pretty sweet.

I was looking a tiny bit into the cron job thing - someone was saying something about having the cron info in a file, and when the script or app is installed, the file is run and creates a cron job? Is that maybe an idea to consider? I mean, big scripts like wordpress must do it, because I get told about new updates when I never run cron jobs.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:41 PM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,123
Tequila is on a distinguished road

For premium content I would also suggest a way to turn of advertising (as I will assume that most people will need to run ads to support their sites). I mean, I pay deviantART 30$ a year to avoid ads...
Old 12-01-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila View Post
For premium content I would also suggest a way to turn of advertising (as I will assume that most people will need to run ads to support their sites). I mean, I pay deviantART 30$ a year to avoid ads...
Oooh... that's a good one. I think the ad system is getting an overhaul at some point, but it would be nice if that got added. I have a feeling I might add some small ads of some sort to my website, just because I'm almost always low on cash these days.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:56 PM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,123
Tequila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
Oooh... that's a good one. I think the ad system is getting an overhaul at some point, but it would be nice if that got added. I have a feeling I might add some small ads of some sort to my website, just because I'm almost always low on cash these days.
My site (when I have time to work on it again) will have ads. I won't be worrying about certain things, but I will have a new baby by the time I can get stuff really done, and if I can use some of the funds coming in from the site to help support my family then I will. After all, I'll be doing all of the artwork and so on on my own. Won't really need staff aside from forum moderators.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:08 PM

When you consider the amount of time and energy that goes into a pet site - which I don't think most members do, unfortunately - I think we're somewhat justified in our desire to make a little money. xD
Old 12-03-2013, 04:30 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,511
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Yeah the Ad system is indeed undergoing an overhaul. The fact is that I never paid attention to it when I first acquired this script from BMR, and after a few upgrades the old Ads system is kinda broken to a point that a complete rewrite is necessary. Its not a big deal though, the Ads system is pretty simple to set up.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:33 AM

Yeah, I remember that coming up in discussion before somewhere. ^.^ Is there any comment on the suggestions...?