Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 AM

Credits: 10,746
draugluin is on a distinguished road

@ HoF

yes, we can ... *hrrhrr* ... set clicks and so... but only step by step for only ONE Level. It would be great, if it could look like this

Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,468
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Oh I see, you want the ability to add more than one level at a time? Sure I will consider that, not sure the 'more levels' part though since it may require AJAX.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:25 AM

Credits: 10,746
draugluin is on a distinguished road

yesss...that's what I mean, as I said : all levels on one site

maybe everyone can coose at the base-settings, how much level normally exist and so much will lines will be shown at the level-create-side.

I wish to have a link back to the adoptable-main-site
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Aspiring

Credits: 10,906
Nieth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Nieth

A few other people are doing it so I suppose I should as well!

A few features I'd like to eventually see in MSA are;

- When creating a new adoptable, to be able to set a bunch of different appearance options, and allow the adopter to choose a color scheme that they would like their pets to have, as well as the 'random rare' event that is already in place. Sometimes people want to be able to pick the color they would like their pet to be, just don't allow them to pick the rare colors!

- Allow users to be able to pick which gender they want there pet to be, I suppose this counts as a stat.

- Allow administrators to do mini-edits on the site, rather than having to go to the ACP to make minor adjustments. Something like and edit function at the top of every page, or be able to add shops on-site.

- A gallery accessible in the control panel where you can view all of the uploaded images.

- A built in CSS/HTML editor for the ACP so that you don't have to go to the file manager and edit files. (I'm not sure if this was already asked for.) [Little things that force users to go to the file manager less and less, it makes things more convenient.]

- A theme creator/editor would be nice, but I know that's well out of the question for now, so I won't bother. ( Or a few more editable default themes.)

- Auction house for pets/items, or the ability to set up user shops. (I think that one is pretty self-explanitory.)

- The ability to upload more than one default avatar for the site, and allow users to pick which one they would like to use in their profile.

- Officially add on the 'click-rewards' feature, so that when users click pets to level them up, they also have a chance of gaining an item.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll probably add more~
Old 12-10-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieth View Post
- When creating a new adoptable, to be able to set a bunch of different appearance options, and allow the adopter to choose a color scheme that they would like their pets to have, as well as the 'random rare' event that is already in place. Sometimes people want to be able to pick the color they would like their pet to be, just don't allow them to pick the rare colors!
Well I am not quite sure of this, different appearance options? Are you referring to something like multi-alternate(more than just one) forms? If so, there is a chance that will be available in Mys v1.4.0, or I release it as a Mod.

Quote:
- Allow users to be able to pick which gender they want there pet to be, I suppose this counts as a stat.
The script is designed in a way that gender is automatically determined, in Mys v1.4.0 you can specify a gender ratio so certain species is male or female dominated. If you want gender to be picked by users manually, you have to probably wish for a plugin that handles this.

Quote:
- Allow administrators to do mini-edits on the site, rather than having to go to the ACP to make minor adjustments. Something like and edit function at the top of every page, or be able to add shops on-site.
Thats an interesting idea, I will figure out what sections can be edited by admins inline. Since Ajax wont be widely used in Mys v1.4.0, it may still look like you are being redirected to another page(though same url).

Quote:
- A gallery accessible in the control panel where you can view all of the uploaded images.
I think this has been suggested before? Anyway you can count on it, Mys v1.4.0 will allow you to view and manipulate all uploaded images.

Quote:
- A built in CSS/HTML editor for the ACP so that you don't have to go to the file manager and edit files. (I'm not sure if this was already asked for.) [Little things that force users to go to the file manager less and less, it makes things more convenient.]
A css editor is possible, not sure for HTML though since the script pretty much handles everything on each php page. Maybe the template html file? I will consider this suggestion, actually by Mys v1.5.0 I plan to incorporate a template editor with preview possible. Not sure if it will come out as early as Mys v1.4.0 though.

Quote:
- A theme creator/editor would be nice, but I know that's well out of the question for now, so I won't bother. ( Or a few more editable default themes.)
See what I said above.

Quote:
- Auction house for pets/items, or the ability to set up user shops. (I think that one is pretty self-explanitory.)
I will make this as a Mod/Addon, since it is not likely to be a feature needed by every site.

Quote:
- The ability to upload more than one default avatar for the site, and allow users to pick which one they would like to use in their profile.
This is a good one, I will take it. By Mys v1.4.0 you should be able to upload both avatars and adopts/items images.

Quote:
- Officially add on the 'click-rewards' feature, so that when users click pets to level them up, they also have a chance of gaining an item.
You mean something like the itemdrop thing I made as an Addon for Mys v1.3.2? I will consider, if it goes through the reward can be more than just an item. It can also be a secret adoptables with rare drop rate, or maybe a promocode.

Anyway by the time this reaches 3-4 pages I will try to organize what features are already decided, what are being considered, and what are being declined/redirected to plugins.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:31 PM

Credits: 5,978
Clessidra is on a distinguished road

Pardon me if I mention something mentioned previously ono

•What about an option to earn avatars randomly or when acquiring certain items/pets (or, using certain items or leveling a pet to a certain level/stat).

•The ability to use an item to change a pet's color/race/gender.

•A chatbox would be nice. A live one, I mean. Something like TinyChat? cBox is terrible and Chatango requires outside sign up. Maybe something that can include user's avatars? Maybe an outside source would be willing to make something? -shrug-

•A different way to add people to your friendslist would be nice. All I see is the link under contact information and it's rather hard to find.

•The option to create a shop that can hold both items and pets.

•Option to create different backgrounds for different pages/put a banner on each and every page.

•When you select a pet, have a drop down box to let you select a specific color. Like what Nieth said. Not random, user-selected.

•The option to change what appears on the 'stats' page. As in what the top pets are and what not.

•Premium currency.

Edit-

The option to install addons from within the ACP. The ones you've made and whatnot. The option to turn them on/off maybe?

Last edited by Clessidra; 12-10-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clessidra View Post
•What about an option to earn avatars randomly or when acquiring certain items/pets (or, using certain items or leveling a pet to a certain level/stat).
umm this... I dont quite get you, how do you 'earn' an avatar? Default avatars should be available for everyone to use, even if they aint the users will figure out their image url so long as one user is using that avatar anyway. But its possible to allow users to earn items/pets randomly, I will think about how this can be done.

Quote:
•The ability to use an item to change a pet's color/race/gender.
Its already possible to change the adoptable's form through items, if this is what you mean by 'color'. The race thing is sorta like evolution items, I will make it for Mys v1.4.0 too. Not sure for gender though, its kinda weird thought that gender can be changed after it's set lol.

Quote:
•A chatbox would be nice. A live one, I mean. Something like TinyChat? cBox is terrible and Chatango requires outside sign up. Maybe something that can include user's avatars? Maybe an outside source would be willing to make something? -shrug-
umm a chatbox is highly unlikely for Mys v1.4.0 since we wont be using much AJAX at that time. Without AJAX you have to refresh the page to see new messages, although its possible to set a timer for refresh. In future when AJAX is used extensively in the script, I may consider it.

Quote:
•A different way to add people to your friendslist would be nice. All I see is the link under contact information and it's rather hard to find.
Well thats a good idea, I will see where else you can add people to friendlist.

Quote:
•The option to create a shop that can hold both items and pets.
Its possible, although will require the shop system to change dramatically. If I have extra time after completing other decided features for Mys v1.4.0, I will add it.

Quote:
•Option to create different backgrounds for different pages/put a banner on each and every page.
Well if you are talking about custom pages, you are already able to do this. For official pages, it may be difficult. But anyway you can use css to manipulate backgrounds and banners, it shouldnt be difficult.

Quote:
•When you select a pet, have a drop down box to let you select a specific color. Like what Nieth said. Not random, user-selected.
This is just like what the gender thing is about from Neith's post. Like I said before, you probably have to install a plugin to get non-random gender/alt-form to work. There's a good chance that I will make one after releasing Mys v1.4.0, so you can count on that.

Quote:
•The option to change what appears on the 'stats' page. As in what the top pets are and what not.
Well thats totally possible, especially with Mys v1.4.0 having a real stats system. Adoptables may be ranked by more than levels/clicks, you can rank them by HP, Atk, Def, Mag and so on. Would you mind explaining this a bit further? Like what you wanna see from a global stats page?

Quote:
•Premium currency.
Are you talking about multiple-currency system? If so, this is planned for minor releases in Mys v1.4.x series. It may not be available by Mys v1.4.0, but good chance it comes out with Mys v1.4.1, v1.4.2 and so on.

Quote:
The option to install addons from within the ACP. The ones you've made and whatnot. The option to turn them on/off maybe?
Good suggestion, I will make sure at least you can turn plugins on/off in future releases. For installation, well, it may be possible to design a system that handles database alteration, but for scripts you still have to either modify them yourself or upload sample script files to your server. There's no way to design a simple on-click installer that does script modification.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 PM

Credits: 5,978
Clessidra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
umm this... I dont quite get you, how do you 'earn' an avatar? Default avatars should be available for everyone to use, even if they aint the users will figure out their image url so long as one user is using that avatar anyway. But its possible to allow users to earn items/pets randomly, I will think about how this can be done.
The option to turn off the ability to paste your own avatar into the box and replace it with the option to select an avatar from a drop down box.

Like Neopets
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clessidra View Post
The option to turn off the ability to paste your own avatar into the box and replace it with the option to select an avatar from a drop down box.

Like Neopets
Well I am not really sure how it works, sounds quite intriguing though. Will see if I can actually create something like that as a plugin first though, if people all want it to be implemented into the official script then I may consider otherwise.

Btw guys and gals, let's not turn this thread into a Mys v1.4.0 features suggestion thread, that will come later. This one is specifically dedicated to the ACP, it is more about what features do you wish to have control of. And more importantly, what controls do you want to have. Absolute new features not even available in the script should not be brought up here. XD

Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,681
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

How 'bout a new type of item class such as "Accessory" or "Equipment". This might be better as a plugin though...but basically pets could have a section (when viewing the pet) that says "Equipped Items". Then a user can "equip" items in the "Equipment" class to their pets...wouldn't need to have any actual use...just would be a nice feature (and would give me an excuse to make items like that XD)...but it'd be a cool feature or mod.