Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-19-2012, 05:25 PM

Credits: 3,089
chinchillapals is on a distinguished road

it works awesome thanks so much and i am an idiot lol
Old 04-19-2012, 05:34 PM

it is installed in 5 directorys all will be linked to the forum but it will be up to the user which worlds they want to play in
what other method would i use to have 5 different critters sugar glider people dont care much about elves and faries chinchillas will be the hardest to manage the breeding part i mean sugar gliders come in mostly 1 color male and female
chinchillas have so many colors i am not even sure i can do the chinchilla breeding but i welcome any ideas
Old 04-19-2012, 06:14 PM

Credits: 68,615
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

So basically you are going to be running five different sites at once and you want them all to hook up to the same forum?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 PM

duh it just hit me the question and answer is for the public not admins ok im changing it to 2=2= answer 4 right?

im thinking on what was said in this thread about the site i am creating i am concerned i am going to post a new thread and see if i can even get this thing going or if i should quit with 1 world but i want something for certian people
Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM

Credits: 68,615
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchillapals View Post
im thinking on what was said in this thread about the site i am creating i am concerned i am going to post a new thread and see if i can even get this thing going or if i should quit with 1 world but i want something for certian people
Well, the thing is that the amount of time it takes to create a website can be a very large timeframe. Art, layout, custom coding, design... it takes a lot. You don't need to worry about "making something for everyone", because it is your site and you should do what you're interested in. You'll get a more dedicated memberbase if you get people who are interested in a certain type of pet - like sugar gliders or something - then if you did everything and the kitchen sink. ;3 If this is your first one, it is best to start small and really figure out the script and how it works and build second or third sites later.

But that's just my suggestion - I've been working with this script for ages, but I only have one site with one type of pets - but it isn't even out of beta and I have 15+ members already without advertising. It's all about being dedicated to what you're doing, not supply and demand.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:12 PM

Default i have a dream can it be done?

i will explain this the best way i can i want to create picture to replace the main page
but i want to create a second map that would be a world map kinda like this..

world map

chinchilla world,sugar glider world,faerie world ,elf word,dragon world

the forum will be on all the maps for each world but it will be for all the worlds

i will split it with rest of the worlds with category
and i have the pet script installed in 5 places among these

2 are real animal the sugar gliders should be the simple one i mean they are only 1 color for the most part so its a male female match no problem i hope lol

the chinchilla one there are so many colors its not going to be easy it may not be even possible

all others arent real so i dont see a problem there
Old 04-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 392,473
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well yeah, I see how many of you are having problems with mybb forums 'cause you forget to edit the $mybbenabled from 0 to 1. XD

Guess I need to make it more 'user-friendly' by allowing admins to enable/disable it through ACP for Mys v1.3.2, and hopefully fixing the forum newest member stats too. In Mys v1.3.3 I will consider a possible user-synchronization feature, which I will explain in more details by the time it comes.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:14 PM

i am going to start with one and work on it untill i think i can start the next but i am interested in all the worlds i have ideas for but thanks for all the input i will start with either chinchillas or sugar gliders probably chinchillas and see how it goes thanks so much for the help
Old 04-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 392,473
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

You are very welcome, glad we can help. Lettuce know if you have more questions and suggestions.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.