Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 11:12 PM

Credits: 48,352
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Default OMG MY ADOPTS IS GONE!?!?!

Well my adopts appears to be gone as when i go to http://www.myadopts.com/ it says it can't be found! furthermore i found this thread as proof.

http://www.virtualpetlist.com/showth...e-right-person

I saw them as my biggest competitor

Def. the wrong board but i wanted it up top... mods can be mad and move it later lol
Old 10-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,466
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm this... I am assuming Myadopts costs at least more than $2000, are you sure you are ready for taking up this challenge? Id recommend you to find yourself some business partners to cover up for the expense if you decide to give a try.

But still, why do you consider MA as your biggest competitor?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:28 AM

Credits: 2,978
Folli is on a distinguished road

Oh wow, I was wondering why I couldn't access the forums or site. Didn't think that BMR would actually be selling it, though. I've been on there since around just after it was made..

I do wish he left a message about it or something instead of just leaving us with a blank page. Oh well, at least I know what's happening with it.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:25 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,681
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

And that would explain why it's been down. It'd be nice to see it under new management, truthfully, Brandon was trying but he didn't seem to have much time to spare on it. I just hope it re-opens soon, I had a lot of friends on the forums...
Old 10-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,466
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well I was wondering though, who will be able and willing to make an offer to BMR if he indeed sells MA. MA is quite resource-intensive, and the fact that it suffers downtimes many times means that the new owner may have to upgrade the server in order to win favor over MA's current members. But where does the money come from? BMR'd have upgraded MA's server himself if MA proves to be profitable.

Anyway for MA users, it may be better if the new owner is a businessman. Even though businessmen have bad reputation on the internet, they do understand the need for separation of ownership and management and MA's staff will have full power to monitor the community. These staff have been doing rather well, it will be bad if the new owner actually is a power-abuser and messes things up.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:59 PM

Credits: 48,352
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

I find it hard to believe my adopts to be worth 2000$. I used multiple traffic analyzing sites and it'd be lucky to get near 200$. Now maybe its worth lies in the amount of people that want it, but honestly I am only interested in how it automatically installs people's sites, that would make my life easier as I have installed mysidia now like 40 times lol!

HOF had pm me about it, would anyone else be interested in buying shares/pieces of it and run it democratically together? If all involved keep it going in their free time then it will be maintained full time. I would also plan on gaining back everyone's investment and then some.

Side Notes: I am quite pissed at how this is being handled though. First off where is the site? What the hell is that? How many times am i gonna see that repeated on the internet? No warning no heads up, no care for his community. How is he gonna sell a site we can't see that is losing traffic.

Oh yes did anyone check the traffic rankings @ Alexa? it looks like a huge mountain.. i think he's selling cause its tanking hard... its below average now...

But back to my main point, I beleive it's unacceptable at how many sites he just let down. As you all saw I notified on the forum that i was having doubts about my own hosting service (not anymore) but atleast i was giving a heads up that in 6 months- a year i may not be hosting anymore. And if i were to ever end my services for w/e reason i would see to it that every site was backed up and moved before i turned off the server.

That's my rant for today..
Old 10-20-2011, 03:06 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,681
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

I believe I can answer the whole Mountain Traffic thing. It plummeted after Encyclopedia Dramatica caused some problems for us, chasing users away, and some staff members (can't say who) got really fussy when people got mad at her for beating up on another staff member and chasing the latter away, and her chasing him away angered a lot of people (including myself) and convinced us to leave.

And I agree completely, just poofing MA away without any warning to many users who were right in the middle of creating sites.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Artist

Credits: 1,627
Sophie is on a distinguished road

MMM...
I thought at first that the server was just out as it always does.
Perhaps MyAdopts is really gone...
Old 10-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Artist

Credits: 2,927
Jani is on a distinguished road

It's not gone.

The server's just down, but BMR hasn't put it back up. And considering his thoughts on selling it, he might not put it back up for a while.

However, he is only thinking about selling, he might not actually do it :c

Oh, and, if he does, and you do buy it, will you keep the current forum staff? ;n;
Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 PM

Credits: 2,978
Folli is on a distinguished road

Well, MA is back up now.