Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Dev Staff

Credits: 21,055
Arianna will become famous soon enough
Default More efficient script

http://www.pixelpuppy.net/otherfiles/adoptables26.zip

The file I've linked to is basically the Rusnak PHP Adoptables script, only more optimized. functions.php is more organized and uses less queries, the beginning and end of each page is much more adaptable to mods and other changes to the script, and there's also something which shows you how many queries each page is taking.

It uses (right now) the exact same database as the current version, and I don't think there are any bugs. If you find any, please tell me and I'll fix them right away.

All existing mods should work with it, as long as they are put between the START SCRIPT and OUTPUT PAGE comments. The exception is that every occurring mysql_query() should be replaced with runquery() for the number of queries to be documented.

Right now I'm working on cleaning input better, as well as integrating some of my existing mods into it. When I update the best thing to do would be to re-download the whole rar as some things (for example, removing redundancies or errors which were made on lots of pages) require lots of files to be edited. :)

Currently I don't have the credit to Bmr on every page, because I don't know what exactly I should put there yet, especially because it seems as if the new version will have lots of people editing it. As soon as I know what to put there, I'll add it.

Edit, 23rd of December: Today I made the script use a few less queries, fixed some previous glitches, and also introduced a debug mode which shows the queries which have been made at the bottom of the page. (Debug mode will be turned off in the final release, of course.) If you have any feedback on what I can do better please do - my next goals are to add the gender, money and styleswitcher systems.

Edit, 26th of December: Over the last few days I made a few more changes. Now not only is the gender script completely working, but I've worked a bit more on themes and done the styleswitcher. I'm currently working on adding all the features of V1.1 to this, but please do download and tell me if you find any glitches. Just run stuff.sql and once you've registered, change your group to 1 using phpmyadmin if you'd like to look at the admin panel.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,801
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: More efficient script

This looks really nice Arianna! Maybe I should use this as a base script to add other scripts such as gender, adandon, cash and trade system for RA version 1.1. ^^

Well you dont need to give credits to BMR for scripts that do not involve his work, at least this is what I believe.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Dev Staff

Thanks. :) I'm still working on it, so maybe if you get the scripts working perfectly with the default system I can just take the code and put it in here. :) I'll do the gender and cash systems, because I've done them before and I have some ideas on how to make them more efficient, if that's okay.

Well, the original script is still his, and even though I'm modifying it a lot I think that he still deserves credit. But I also think that the we (basically anyone who makes an edit to the script that is included) should also get credit. Any ideas? Perhaps we should ask BMR.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna
Thanks. :) I'm still working on it, so maybe if you get the scripts working perfectly with the default system I can just take the code and put it in here. :) I'll do the gender and cash systems, because I've done them before and I have some ideas on how to make them more efficient, if that's okay.

Well, the original script is still his, and even though I'm modifying it a lot I think that he still deserves credit. But I also think that the we (basically anyone who makes an edit to the script that is included) should also get credit. Any ideas? Perhaps we should ask BMR.
Alright I will keep this in mind Arianna. Also it would be really cool if you can re-design a cash system, since I have no idea if sea is willing to share hers at this moment. The gender system was the first public modification you made, wasnt it? It is still epic and highly recognized nowadays. ^^

Well yeah, he does deserve credits for making a base script, which I know for sure. I think its a neat idea to have the other coders credited too, I dont really think we need to ask BMR though. XD
Old 12-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Dev Staff

I'm doing a redesign of the cash system, which will go along with buying adoptables and the like. ^^ I think the gender mod was the first one I made - that was back when I didn't really know what programming even was, or when I'd just started programming. I like to think that I've improved since then. Doing all the edits on the script makes me realize that it's much easier changing it the second time around.

Well, he might want to know about what we're changing in his script. ^^; Maybe I'll send him a PM about it later.

I updated what I've done again, but I'm always changing stuff so the thing on the post is rarely going to be the most up-to-date version, haha.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:03 PM

lol yeah, but there's no need to be modest Arianna, you were already a quite decent programmer back then. I am sure your skill is probably as good as BMR now, or even better? I dont know about this yet, but guess I will figure out with time. ^^

And sure, I look forward to your cash system then. For now I am using Cybertrash's cash system based on Sea's cash mod tutorial, which may become a problem in future since Sea does not seem to be willing to share any of her scripts anymore.

Well true, its quite necessary to notice him though, especially if we plan to release future versions of RA based on his base script.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Dev Staff

Well, I think that perhaps I focus a bit more on the appearance and optimization of scripts than BMR did when he made the adoptable script, but who knows. I'm sure there are lots of programming-related things which BMR is better than me at.

Cash system's all integrated and ready to go in this version. ^^ It's got a few more things with it, so if anyone wants to download and test it, please do.