Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 05-18-2014, 05:13 PM

Credits: 4,568
PokeFerno is on a distinguished road
Default Item "evolving" your adopt

My adopts site is a Pokemon adoptable website and in the store I wanted to be able to make an item evolve a certain Pokemon at a certain level. In example, Torchic evolves into Blaziken at lvl 36 (or 36 clicks in this instance) I want to be able to let users buy the item that then further evolves Blaziken into Mega Blaziken due to the effects of the item (item is called Blazikenite). If anyone can help that would be awesome!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:54 PM

Credits: 19,547
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

I believe Mysidia already lets you do this? If when creating a new item at admin panel you choose an item function like Level it will create an item to further evolve your adoptable (Level1 will increase the level by 1, Level2 will increase by the value you put in the field, Level3 will reset to level0). If it's not exactly what you want, I can try to help you out

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:51 PM

I mean then I would make a lvl four, for the Pokemon. And then I would need the item to go from lvl 3 to 4. How could I do this buddy?
Old 05-19-2014, 08:07 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 392,942
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well its not possible at this moment. The script does not come with an advanced evolution system like item or trade-based evolution. In Mys v1.2.x I used to create an Evolution Mod, some people liked it atm but since Mys v1.3.x demand for evolution script is not there so I havent ported it to the newest versions. However, its not difficult to create custom item functions to change your adoptables type, just open file functions_items.php and add a function to do this if you are interested. I mean, if you are only concerned with item-based evolution.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:13 AM

Wow haha, Didn't know it was so simple. Thanks HoF.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 392,942
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

You are very welcome, you are free to extend the item functions to add whatever you like in it. Some users have managed to add functionality such as changing adoptables gender, changing adoptables type(like evolution), etc. Its clearly not a very difficult task if you possess basic programming skills.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:21 AM

Yea basically adding a few variables there.. switching a few others. Considering there's already a level up item function I'll just duplicate it and make it level up someone from lvl 3 to 4.