Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 03-06-2016, 01:00 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Credits: 82,357
SilverDragonTears is on a distinguished road
Default Failed to create forum account

Everytime I try creating a new user on my adopt site I get the Failed to create forum account error.

Check out SilvaTales
Old 03-06-2016, 07:17 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Please advise. I can't get my site up until I know people can register and have a forum account.

Check out SilvaTales
Old 03-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,332
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

There are just two important details when it comes to integrating MyBB:

one
: Your site can't have any members besides you, else the process gets really messy (how to deal with that).

two: The newest version of MyBB won't work. You'll either need to download MyBB v1.6 or tweak a few internal files so you stop getting the 'Failed to create forum account' error while trying to register someone (see here for details).

This is just one of those questions that keeps getting asked over and over so I wish a sticky would be made for it. *sigh*
Old 03-06-2016, 07:43 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Thank you so much. Forum works but once registered on main site I receive this error:

Quote:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/taleofdragons/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/taleofdragons/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php on line 87

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/taleofdragons/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/taleofdragons/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php on line 87

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/taleofdragons/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/taleofdragons/public_html/classes/class_cookies.php on line 85

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/taleofdragons/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/taleofdragons/public_html/classes/class_cookies.php on line 88

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/taleofdragons/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/taleofdragons/public_html/classes/class_cookies.php on line 90

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/taleofdragons/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/taleofdragons/public_html/classes/class_cookies.php on line 92

Check out SilvaTales
Old 03-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,332
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

And you've not done anything else to modify the process of registration or logging in? Where are you hosted? You can confirm that you can log in to the admin side of your forum just fine (yoursite.com/forum/admin)? I also need to make sure your inc/config_forums.php is set up properly, but I'm just going to assume it is and you can access the forums just fine you just happen to get a header warning upon account creation.

One out of three people I helped with this also had this error but we never did pinpoint the problem.

See, I don't have this error. I have MyBB v.1.8.3, started with no users beside myself (so the very next user I add has a uid of 2, it does not jump to a higher number suddenly in the database, because I never ever deleted anyone), but also:

I have this mod installed which jumps directly from login to the index, which could prevent the headers from being resent.

Even when I change my error_reporting settings to make sure warnings will be shown I absolutely do not get this error when making a new account.

I'd like you to do three things:
  • Answer the questions in my first paragraph.
  • Confirmation you are on a fresh install or properly deleted all test users besides the admin before starting forum integration. The uids in `adopts_users` definitely have to go 1, 2, 3, etc. You should make sure your `mybb_users` tables has uids in the exact same order matching the usernames exactly. While this *should not* be related to the problem, it is a separate, serious problem.
  • Install the mod mentioned above.

Step three may entirely fix everything, or, something else could be wrong, so no guarantees. But I'll need all this information to help.

Last edited by Kyttias; 03-06-2016 at 11:50 PM.