Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM

Credits: 1,952
Dakarai is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dakarai Send a message via AIM to Dakarai Send a message via MSN to Dakarai Send a message via Yahoo to Dakarai
Default 500 Internal Server Error

Ok so I can't even run the installer at the moment because after uploading all the files I have a 500 Internal Server Error and I'm not sure why. My server supports .htaccess, so that's not the problem :/ Anyone able to help me with this at all?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:26 PM
WebMaster

Credits: 9,936
powerchaos
Send a message via AIM to powerchaos Send a message via MSN to powerchaos

a 500 error can have to do with 2 things

or it is the htacces file that contains wrong code (depending on apache version and settings) or on wronge file permition ( php = 644 , cgi = 755 , folders = 755 or 777 )

first try to remove the htacces file , if you still get the 500 error then it is the file permition

if those are not the problem , then the php version is not good (do not run php as CGi , but as DSO )
also be sure to check if you use SUphp

if SUphp is enabled ... disable it
if php is not as DSO , then enable it ( can break down if you run php 5 and 4 at the same time )

greetings From PowerChaos
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,897
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well this appears not to have anything to do with the script. I dont know what host you are using, but you may wish to check out this link and see if it helps you figuring out what a problem this may be. The best way to troubleshoot is to see the error log, it gives the best clue:
http://www.webhostinghub.com/support...l-server-error

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Dakarai Send a message via AIM to Dakarai Send a message via MSN to Dakarai Send a message via Yahoo to Dakarai

It doesn't matter if there's a .htaccess file or not, it's the same either way. The php version is 5.3.18, as far as SUphp I can't find anything in the php.ini about it? And for changing folder permissions, they were all 755, and I've changed them to 777 and that didn't help either.

There is no error log. At all. I'm with namecheap.com hosting. The previous version worked fine, it's just the new version that's screwy. The person I'm hosting it for wants the new version.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakarai View Post
It doesn't matter if there's a .htaccess file or not, it's the same either way. The php version is 5.3.18, as far as SUphp I can't find anything in the php.ini about it? And for changing folder permissions, they were all 755, and I've changed them to 777 and that didn't help either.

There is no error log. At all. I'm with namecheap.com hosting. The previous version worked fine, it's just the new version that's screwy. The person I'm hosting it for wants the new version.
umm this... Have you installed other scripts too? I wonder if it is only Mysidia Adoptables not working on your site/server, or that your server configuration is wrong. If the latter is true, you cant even run a joomla site or a mybb forum.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM

I can run joomla and mybb just fine. I think the only two scripts I've ever had problems with are the new IPB and vBulletin, and all I have to do is switch the php version which I did for Mysidia Adopts and it didn't seem to help either Dx At least with the .htaccess file edit it didn't. I don't remember how to change it in php.ini
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 PM
WebMaster

powerchaos

suphp is a apache setting , same as DSO and CGI

if you can choose betwean 2 versions of php then you are probaly running php as cgi but not sure about that ( i run only 1 version )

can you post a phpinfo page ?

Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
on that way i can see the php version and php variables and maybe solve it from there

if that page also provide a 500 error then you definaly need to contact your host (unless you manage the server ) as there is a big php/apache error going on then

Greetings From PowerChaos
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerchaos View Post
suphp is a apache setting , same as DSO and CGI

if you can choose betwean 2 versions of php then you are probaly running php as cgi but not sure about that ( i run only 1 version )

can you post a phpinfo page ?

Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
on that way i can see the php version and php variables and maybe solve it from there

if that page also provide a 500 error then you definaly need to contact your host (unless you manage the server ) as there is a big php/apache error going on then

http://www.akala.us/info.php
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 PM

This link may provide some insights:
http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/500-inte...le-150233.html

Looks to me that the 'owner' of your script files do not match the domain owner.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
WebMaster

powerchaos

the problem
Code:
Server API	CGI/FastCGI
magic_quotes_gpc	On
compared to mine php (5.2 but does not mather )
Code:
Server API	Apache 2.0 Handler
magic_quotes_gpc	Off
so you are running php over cgi

that got the limit that the files get executed under your user id

also magic quotes are on , if you disbale it then it can work already

magic quotes fixes typo's and other things in your script ( like forgetting to place a ; ) but it can also easy break down scripts that are written that way (like in the new version , a lot of "function::status" )

the older version does not have that so far i looked , so my guess based on that is that the magic quotes are changing some settings in the script and prevent execution of the file so it gives a server side error

i also saw that suhosin is installed , but got no idea what that does

based on this information
Quote:
Suhosin is an advanced protection system for PHP installations. It was designed to protect your servers on the one hand against a number of well known problems in PHP applications and on the other hand against potential unknown vulnerabilities within these applications or the PHP core itself.
does it do something

eather way , try to disable magic_quotes and it should probaly run

http://php.net/manual/en/security.ma....disabling.php