Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 03:08 PM

Credits: 568
Sil
Default Languages and other questions

Hello!

I'm new here but I started to use the script a few days ago and it works like magic, I really like it and thank you so much for it! ^^
But I have some questions about it, I'd love to add some things but I'm not really a programmer, but I think I understand the basics :)

1. - How to add different languages? I've found the lang.php, but how to make it possible to choose between languages for members?

2. - I like to use png images, so will there be a function later when png files can also be used for GD signatures?

3. - I'd love to install a forum for my pet site, but I'd love if the database (users and their passwords) would be the same, so the members wouldn't need to register twice, how can I do it?

I think that's all for now, I hope it's understandable, English is not my native language :)

And thanks in advance!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:09 PM

Credits: 11,204
BMR777 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Languages and other questions

Hello,

Right now it is not possible to select between languages as the script currently is meant to be used in only one language at a time, however I may add at a later date the ability to switch between languages if this is something enough people require.

As for PNG images, in the future I may expand the fancy signature option to work with png and jpg images in a future release. :)

As for a forum, it should be possible to bridge these details with a few modifications. I'll post a guide soon on how to bridge my program with another application, such as a forum. I will probably also release a MyBB forum bridge in a few weeks or months as MyBB is my favorite forum software. :)
Old 06-11-2009, 02:54 AM

Credits: 13,586
trollis76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR777
As for a forum, it should be possible to bridge these details with a few modifications. I'll post a guide soon on how to bridge my program with another application, such as a forum. I will probably also release a MyBB forum bridge in a few weeks or months as MyBB is my favorite forum software. :)
Wow, I am really looking forward to the guide/bridge. :)
Old 06-11-2009, 07:58 PM

Credits: 1,174
Aluenda

I also want to learn how to attach the forum to my main site :)
If I already have the forum made, on a different domain as the main site, would it be possible to attach the forum to the main site? :D
Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I am, who I am.

Credits: 29,418
Bloodrun
Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluenda
I also want to learn how to attach the forum to my main site :)
If I already have the forum made, on a different domain as the main site, would it be possible to attach the forum to the main site? :D
On a different domain? I wouldn't suggest that, you would want to keep things as close as possible for security reasons.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 PM

Credits: 11,204
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

The forum should be installed on the same database as the main site. If you can work this so the sites are on separate domains that should still work, however this may be tricky depending on your setup.

Also, if you are going to bridge the script with an existing forum, make sure users are registering with the same username on both the script and the forums as this will be important once the time to bridge the sites comes.