Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 04:02 PM

Credits: 16,089
parayna is on a distinguished road
Question Shoutbox?

Thanks for helping me with my other problem! I accidentally deleted the message DX but for anyone that has a similar problem I basically wanted to know how to delete a broken link (special characters) from my shout box and know how to give users money!

:)

Last edited by parayna; 10-27-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: I have another problem... and this is really the only way to get people to see it XD
Old 10-25-2013, 06:12 PM

Credits: 19,257
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Your website has a database. A database holds every information about your site (from global variables to messages to users to adoptables, etc...). You can change, delete and insert whatever you want in those databases. I don't know who your host is but it probably has something called phpMyAdmin (this from the host, around the same place you had the File Manager to insert the mysidia files).

Use that to mess with the database, _shoutbox and _users is what you want (shoutbox has the messages, users has the money)

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:52 AM

Thank you so much! I will go and see if I can do it now!

It worked. Thanks!! You helped a lot...
Old 10-26-2013, 07:18 AM

Credits: 19,257
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

I'm glad it did! :)

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:19 AM

I need help again...

Whenever I am typing in the shoutbox it is fine, but, when I post a comment, if I have done
an enter thing (don't know what to call it when you press enter. The code is <div></div>) it comes up with a weird A symbol... Here is what it looks like:

Yurash - 2013-10-26 16:57:21
This is a test...
Â
Hello!
Â
HELLO!
Â
MWOOF!!
Â
Test over!

Can someone suggest how to stop that? I may have to search on the CKeditor site but I don't know what to call the problem...
Old 10-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,429
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

That's strange, this used to be a glitch before but I am pretty sure I've fixed it a long time ago. Are u sure u are not typing in any weird characters that cannot be displayed properly?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:21 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,674
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

HoF it produces that symbol for me every time I add a space between lines. However it only appears when I try to edit a page after the initial editing. For example I type this;
"Welcome to my website!

Use the buttons to navigate!"

And I hit submit, it saves, all is well. When I go through to edit it again I get this in the WYSIWYG editor;
"Welcome to my website!
Â
Use the buttons to navigate!"

I can delete the  and it works just fine. I haven't tested the shoutbox yet for it.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:45 PM

HoF no I am literally just typing in the message. I haven't even messed around on the PHP MyAdmin so it shouldn't be doing this... I don't really understand it myself, but my friend has also tested the shoutbox as she was the one to find the problem. I then tested it and it kept happening to me every single time... what do you thing the problem could be?

I tried it again, double checking every button I pressed and the problem is still happening... (I wanted to see if it really was happening and that I hadn't clicked a button, which was unlikely but still...)

This is what I got:

Yurash - 2013-10-27 18:54:16
Test
Â
Test
Â
Test
Â
Test
Â
STILL TESTING!
Â
TEST!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 PM

I have another problem! (sigh... one after the other, eh? )

On my admin CP, on various pages, it comes up with this:

Warning: getimagesize(): Couldn't resolve host name in /home/yurashx1/public_html/classes/class_image.php on line 114

Warning: getimagesize(http://yurash.x10.mx/templates/icons/cog.gif): failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/yurashx1/public_html/classes/class_image.php on line 114

Warning: getimagesize(): Couldn't resolve host name in /home/yurashx1/public_html/classes/class_image.php on line 114

Warning: getimagesize(http://yurash.x10.mx/templates/icons/delete.gif): failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/yurashx1/public_html/classes/class_image.php on line 114

Warning: getimagesize(http://yurash.x10.mx/templates/icons/cog.gif): failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/yurashx1/public_html/classes/class_image.php on line 114

Warning: getimagesize(http://yurash.x10.mx/templates/icons/delete.gif): failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/yurashx1/public_html/classes/class_image.php on line 114

I have actually identified the problem (I think..) but because I am not a PHP coder, I don't understand it. Can someone please tell me what this line should say in the class_image file?:

list($this->width, $this->height) = getimagesize($src->getURL());

Thanks again...
Old 10-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,429
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

@Abronsyth:
I see, I will run some tests on my demo site tomorrow and see if I can identify the cause of the problem. It does seem strange though, I thought I fixed it a long time ago.

@Parayna:
Umm I am not sure why you get these image warning messages. Does it stop your site from functioning properly? Or are these just annoying header messages that you want to get rid of?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.