Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Feedback and Suggestions

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 PM

Credits: 2,230
Cremuex Levier is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions and a problem

Suggestion 1:
Quests- bring me #item or #pet for a reward type thing. This is on a LOT of sites like DNAdopts.com , http://www.thesporkedken.com/adopt/wishingquest.php , http://subeta.net/

Suggestion 2:
Multiple Alts, instead of just the one you can have several colour alts.

Suggestion 3:
Dyes to change the pet's colours since there's only ONE alternate colour at the moment.

Also, my problem is that when I go to "Manage adoptables" or "My adopts" I get this message even though the adoptable is in my account "an error has occurred.
You do not have permission to manage adoptables of other users."

Problem 2
Trying to feed a click 1 item to a pet to get it to evolve and this message comes up:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function getnextlevelexists() in /home/sezhiota/public_html/functions/functions_items.php on line 68"

Last edited by Cremuex Levier; 05-04-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 PM

Credits: 66,825
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

Please note this is entirely the wrong forum. For suggestions for the script, there is the forum Suggestions and Feature Requests. For questions and technical support of the script, you need the Questions and Support forum. You posted in the board for this website and forum and not the script.

I am not a coder, but I am the moderator for the suggestion board and here is some information that has been stated perviously;

1. I believe that quests have been suggested before, but at the moment, there is not much point to quests. What would your objectives be? We have no map capabilities, no battling or stats until v.4 (for stats) or v.5/6 (battle/expore), no exploring abilities. What would you do? Buy items from stores and turn them in for rewards? Click a certain number of pets for a bonus (HoF's itemdrop script can give everyone a chance of randomly receiving an item every time you click - works out to about the same)? I imagine that we could very easily add quests to the script, but you'd honestly need a lot more things around the site to do quests for. Maybe once the battling and map system is in place, we could have exploring sections where you need to find or collect a certain amount or type of item, or battle a certain mount of random monsters.

2. Is in development, was a mod. Was removed due to the fact that the original coder is no longer active I believe... the script has been rebuilt now and the mod doesn't work. However, if I remember correctly, it is being worked on as a future feature, I just don't know for when.

3. I believe this has been brought up before, however I don't know about recently. Because of the nature of click sites, I don't think this is actually a very good idea. The point is to gain exclusive pets through collecting, trading and breeding. This is more of a "grab all the eggs" site, then a "make one pet to your dream pet" sort of thing. We're a Pet Adoptable script, not a Virtual Pet script (which are different). I was thinking recently, however, that maybe it might be a good idea to have an item that changes your adoptable to a certain species. Everything else would be extremely difficult to code, because as a clickable site, people have an average of 3 to 6 images per pet, that change as they gain in clicks. To paint a pet, you'd have to recolor your templates and then have the script change the image to the new one every time it calls the pet. It'd probably lag down the server too, because when the script calls for a pet's image to be displayed, it takes the ID of the pet, asks the database what the image is, then asks they are using an alternative image. If you had it painted, you'd have to do all those steps, then ask if its been painted, then what color, then retrive the image.

I don't know what your technical problems are, please post in the correct forum.

EDIT: I also noticed on your site that you have a lot of entirely different art styles for adoptables, but no noticeable credit links. Clearly you didn't make all of them, please place copyright somewhere in either the footer or on a separate credits page. (It is also not recommended to limit your site to those 15 and older, this is this is sort of past the target age zone for pet adoptable sites, most users quite young).

Last edited by AlexC; 05-05-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:15 PM

Credits: 2,230
Cremuex Levier is on a distinguished road

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum, I just thought questions and suggestions forum would be good for uhh... well suggestions and a question on a problem, I didn't realise that there were other subforums for them.

Thanks for your reply.

I can assure you that all of the art is done by myself, and all the art credits were going to go on a page of the species as per a [url=http://sezhiota.wikia.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges]wikia[url], that way if I do get other artists help later in the site's life their credits will go on each of their art works.

As for the changing art styles I do take any claims of art theft very seriously. If you believe me to have stolen the art work I'll be more then happy to provide you with proof as to whatever art you have questions about. Please PM about that though because I really don't like being called an art thief and certainly not on my own art.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 AM

Credits: 66,825
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

Its always best to access all forums and to search before asking questions, it helps cut down on repeat questions.

My apologies. Almost everyone single adoptable site sticks to one style of art, or has guest artists since there isn't too much of a point to having different styles. You may want to put some visible credit somewhere just in case people ask in the future.