Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 06:35 AM

Credits: 2,305
Cremuex Levier is on a distinguished road
Default Not able to delete a pet species

So, I want to delete a pet species. Like completely delete it. If I go to adoptable and select the one I want to delete it takes me to the editing page, that's fine. I select the "I want to delete or freeze this adoptable " option, tick! I choose hard deletion (purge) and submit the changes. It takes me to a page that says it's been successfully deleted. "The adoptable was deleted successfully and was purged from the system. All traces have been removed. Click Here to manage adoptables."

But it's not deleted from the shops. The users with them still have them and you can still adopt them and their name hasn't been removed from the list when I try to edit it again.

Is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 AM

Credits: 67,189
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

It is probably a glitch in the system - for as long as I've worked on this script, there has been issues with the ACP communicating with the database.

If you feel you can handle it, you can delete through your PHPmyAdmin area on your host. This can be a bit difficult and confusing though if you don't know what you're doing.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 AM

Credits: 2,305
Cremuex Levier is on a distinguished road

I kind of don't know what I'm looking for to edit it, or what files would be effecting this.

If anyone could tell me what file or code I'm looking for I'd sure appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 AM

Credits: 67,189
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, you go to your cPanel, then find phpMyAdmin. Click on your database, then from the list on the left, find [prefix]_adoptables, [prefix]_adoptable_conditions, [prefix]_levels and [prefix]_owned_adoptables. Then you just delete some of the information.

_adoptables, _adoptable_conditions will only have one row of information, but _levels will have one for each level of that adoptable and _owned_adoptables will have one row for every one of that adoptable on the site. You should be able to click the name title above all the rows and sort them alphabetically to make it easier.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 332,521
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Looks like the adoptables manager is glitching, I will see what I can do with it. By Mys v1.3.4 I will improve the adoptables and users manager to give them more functionality, but an entire ACP overhaul is due Mys v1.4.0.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.