Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Notices

Old 08-17-2008, 03:03 PM
WebMaster

Credits: 10,128
powerchaos
Send a message via AIM to powerchaos Send a message via MSN to powerchaos
Default kryptonite hosting ?? Wasted Money

hi , its just something i want to share and want to say that you never should take

and maybe you can use this to to know how safe you need to be those days

here goes my story

my first master reseller was from kryptonitehost.com
after 1 month the problems started (my first suspension for no reason )

after a post of 7 to the support :S then i got 1 single answer back ( your unsuspended) after 24 hours ...

after downtimes of 8 hours and more , so they desided to just kick my reseller of there host ( no warning , NOTHING )
when you make a post over it and again a couple of hours later ( 12 - 18 ) then you get the answer that it was mis using the server (server crashing to mutch becouse a MYBB FORUM !!!!! )

so , searching a new host to start on ( founded a good 1 now )

ok , after that was done then i got exept a lot of downtimes (betwean the 6 @ 8 hours a DAY) , no problems anymore ( every reseller was deleted , EVERYTHING whitout a SINGLE warning )

so i used the host only as a mp3 player (what els can i use for it , if it is all the time down )
now today , after a 12 downtime (and some serieus server problems whit corrupt files ) they desided to delete my mp3 map whitout a SINGLE message to thell it

thats not all

the file upload WAS 60 mb (php file ) but they changed it back to 2 mb so you cant do anyhting anymore whit it

and now its time to w8 on my response i gave to them ( a little flamable support ticked )

so now the final rating of this host

if you want to wast your money , then just trow it away becoues that do more then giving it to Kryptonite hosting

final rating : 0/10 (was 1/10 becouse the 60 mb upload)

Greets From The Crasher
Old 08-17-2008, 07:42 PM

Credits: 10,728
BMR777 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: kryptonite hosting ?? Wasted Money

How much were you paying and what were the specs of the account? It is possible your host was overselling, that is giving you too much for too little, then once you start to use the account they cannot support it.

Also, were the MP3 files you were hosting copyrighted? That can get you shut down, depending on where in the world the host is. :)

BMR777
Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
WebMaster

powerchaos

i just paid 60 dollar for 1 year :) (whit free domain)

the mp3 files are copyrighted (not all of them , some are mixed by me ^^ ) but as long you cant download them is it 'normal ok '

the spects i got is the same like i got now :) on my other host (for 70 dollars , and whitout problems )

its a master reseller/unmetered unmonitored (yea , its a kind of overselling but they change the hard drives when they get 80% full )

i readed a few revieuws over that host and the score was the same ( from the 6 revieuws was there 1 good revieuw , all the others says that they spended there money on it and are forced to change like i needed to do )

now (again .. ) i was again offline whit my website (complaining over 2 mb upload i got now instead of the normal 60 )
after i made a post of more then 500 chars , then i get 1 simple answer back (i cant have it , its something like , ' get lost , there is your answer' )

so far i saw the server and the whois lookup ( shared ip ) then i saw around the 1200 clients
isnt it normal that every 'node' got a differend ip ??

the system are p4 dual core (X4 or 2X , need to see it on cpanel) (the 1 i got now are 8X so its the double)

it all started whit my forum , from the moment i installed my forum whit a few mods
then the server started to crash and to break down and then i saw what kind of support it realy was :S (after you made a ticked of 5 then they change of support )

the strange thing i got now is that i cant acces my music site and that my friends can acces it (something i cant have eather , if i cant acces it then it is offline :S)

its from the moment you use 2 differend hostings company's that you realy see the difference betwean 1 that try to help and 1 that just stand there for the 'money'

its hard to explain , the best way is to do the same to see it on your own :S (like it is always whit everything ^^ )

the reason why they suspended me was for spamm mail ( zero spamm tollerance) but it was just 1 mail every 15 min to my email (wrong configured cronjob ,that isnt spamm ... and when you need to w8 24 hours before you get a reply .. )

then the reason why he deleted my hole website (powerchaos.info) is becouse the forum let the server crash (that was the only thing to that dint load :S and when i load it then it crashed for a couple of hours )

so they just forced me to move my site , you can understand it to that it isnt posseble to host a paid client on it when it isnt online like it need to be

if the server goes down for maint then it take up to 15 min and it is back (no1 knows it )
but when it goes down for 4 hours , then online for 2 hours , then back down for 4 hours ....
then you got some serieus trouble

so thats why i dont recommerd them , for the same money you can get a better hosting (and you get the same , master/unmetered/unlimited) exept the domain name then :)

whats the best way to break down a business ?? , when you get suspended for 24 hours ... (as fresh started host then )

ok , i think that this was what i wanted to say (its a lot) and a reason why :)

Greets From The Crasher
Old 08-17-2008, 08:11 PM

Credits: 10,728
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
so far i saw the server and the whois lookup ( shared ip ) then i saw around the 1200 clients
For an unmetered reseller with 1200 clients on one server, assuming all the other clients have the same or similar packages to yours, then that is most certainly overselling. The host probably freaks out whenever someone starts to use even a tiny bit of resources. The whole server is probably like a house of cards, one user starts to use their account too much and the whole server comes crashing down from too much load.

BMR777
Old 08-18-2008, 10:07 AM
WebMaster

powerchaos

:)

that explains it why it is most of the time offline

but its specily the support that gives me trouble

here is a previeuw of it

its not a real Question , its just something to show
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crasher
hi,
i got a little problem whit my website,
it shows a 500 error :S
can you check it please and thell me how i can fix it ??
Thank you and Greets From The Crasher
that was the Question and now the answers ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by server 1
hi,
check your file permision

if you got more Questions then feel free to contact us
admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by server 2
hi,
it seems that you used a wrong file permision
try it to change to 644 for php and see if the folders got the permision set to 755
if you still got problems then , then please provide me then whit the pass/username so whe can check it on the server

regards,
admin
this is just a previeuw , its just to show the difference of answers you get from the 2 differend hosts

the first 1 doesnt realy helps you and the second 1 does helps you ( file perm 644 .. )

then the last thing i hate
when the server got some trouble from insite reason (like upgrade , ... wat els)
then the first server doesnt warn you

the second send you a email if needed so your always warned

the thing you need is support , a bad support makes a bad server
a good support on a bad server makes the server better
a good server and a bad support makes the server bad to (depends on the problems then )
a good server and good support lets you stay there for ever :)

Greets From The Crasher
Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 PM

Credits: 2,826
lupus6x9

Quote:
the mp3 files are copyrighted (not all of them , some are mixed by me ^^ ) but as long you cant download them is it 'normal ok '
Um, if your host is American (and probably most European countries have this, too), this is against the law. You can't even provide the music. And I bet there is a way to somehow download the music off of your site anyway... :( Unless you have artists' permission, you can't put it on your site.

But this Web host seems pretty bad, unless you're really hogging its server resources. Do you have thousands of clients with their own forums or something?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:19 AM

Credits: 5,861
Ajof
Send a message via MSN to Ajof

Yeah, ive even found a way to download songs from last.fm which I only managed because of a dogey media player plugin. I updated the media player to the latest version and I can now :(
Old 08-19-2008, 04:23 AM
WebMaster

powerchaos

i use itonly for a flash mp3 player now

and yes , you can download them if you know the map where they are stored but then its still hard (if i want to put a emty index.html file in it ^^ )

the files ares strored like ./map/track 18.mp3 or like ./map/this is the song name of it (whit spaces).mp3

so only if you know the name then you can download it :)

and for the hosting i use my other server becouse i cant trust this server :S

@ajof , if you still want to have the songs you play from last fm , then i suggest to check your temp dir :) (they are stored there , until you close the player )

Greets From The Crasher
Old 08-19-2008, 02:24 PM

Credits: 5,861
Ajof
Send a message via MSN to Ajof

I use linux so its not quite that simple.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
WebMaster

powerchaos

hehe , linux :)

my faforite program where you cant play games on ^^ (windows games , whitout whine ^^ )

they got a own temp drive ... (min 200 mb )

i dont know how hard it is to work whit linux becouse i installed that only 1 time and then i deleted it again ( internet dint works :S )

but i know that linux would be a lot better for me ( then my name isnt right anymore ^^ )

Greets From The Crasher :)