Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 10:10 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Credits: 23,861
Infernette is on a distinguished road
Default Need some help integrating with mybb

So I've been struggling with integrating mybb in the new version (Of all the things...).
I've checked the config file for the mybb and took the info from there and put it into config_forums but when I make a test account I get "failed to create forum account". I know I haven't misspelled anything, because when I did I got a message that told me that access was denied for me to do that, so I don't know what is up.

I was trying to work on making my forums and site's inventories integrated and I don't know why it isn't working... (have to make the user id's match on both so I needed the auto sign-up)

I'm probably going to make myself a cup of noodles and try to fiddle around with this more to see what I can do to fix it on my own...
Old 05-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 45,144
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same error, I'm going to leave this to HoF because I was never able to resolve it myself ---

I will be anxious to see what the issue is, I really would love to use the Mybb with the Pet site!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:04 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

I was using it to try and sync up forum achievements/items with site ones and currency to kind of add a bit of connectivity but this error is really frustration. Glad to know I'm not the only one XD
Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Aspiring

Credits: 11,040
Nieth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Nieth

I know this sounds too simple to be true but, did you assign the Database account to the new database for the forum and give it full access?

I set up MyBB forums with Mysidia's v1.3.3 script this morning and it seems to be working fine for me.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:21 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieth View Post
I know this sounds too simple to be true but, did you assign the Database account to the new database for the forum and give it full access?

I set up MyBB forums with Mysidia's v1.3.3 script this morning and it seems to be working fine for me.
I did, it was the same account I had used for the previous version that I simply just reassigned to this one, and it isn't working for me... it seems to be a common error though, from the looks of it....
Old 06-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Mod

Credits: 312,481
Alaric is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernette View Post
I did, it was the same account I had used for the previous version that I simply just reassigned to this one, and it isn't working for me... it seems to be a common error though, from the looks of it....
Isn't working for me too
Old 06-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernette View Post
So I've been struggling with integrating mybb in the new version (Of all the things...).
I've checked the config file for the mybb and took the info from there and put it into config_forums but when I make a test account I get "failed to create forum account". I know I haven't misspelled anything, because when I did I got a message that told me that access was denied for me to do that, so I don't know what is up.

I was trying to work on making my forums and site's inventories integrated and I don't know why it isn't working... (have to make the user id's match on both so I needed the auto sign-up)

I'm probably going to make myself a cup of noodles and try to fiddle around with this more to see what I can do to fix it on my own...
I found that it doesn't work with MyBB 1.6.10, I had problems with it for almost a week Installing and uninstalling more than 30 times :(

I tried it with MyBB 1.6.8 today and it worked
Old 06-09-2013, 03:08 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
I found that it doesn't work with MyBB 1.6.10, I had problems with it for almost a week Installing and uninstalling more than 30 times :(

I tried it with MyBB 1.6.8 today and it worked
That's great!

I hope though it can be fixed work with 1.6.10, cause I modded my forums a bit and I do not want to lose my stuff....
Old 06-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,523
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm so you are implying that the script works with MyBB 1.6.8 but not MyBB 1.6.10? I believe it is compatible with MyBB 1.6.9 too as I tested it myself with Mys v1.3.3's demo site. There is a chance that MyBB 1.6.10 has a different database table structure for users and other users related fields. I will take a look at it after finishing off new features for Mys v1.3.4.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:14 AM
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
umm so you are implying that the script works with MyBB 1.6.8 but not MyBB 1.6.10? I believe it is compatible with MyBB 1.6.9 too as I tested it myself with Mys v1.3.3's demo site. There is a chance that MyBB 1.6.10 has a different database table structure for users and other users related fields. I will take a look at it after finishing off new features for Mys v1.3.4.
Hope you make MyBB 1.6.10 compatible In the next release of Mys v1.3.4, or else if your planning to release Mys 1.3.4 after MyBB 1.8 is released I would suggest making it compatible with MyBB 1.8 instead.