Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 01-11-2016, 11:11 AM

Credits: 3,806
Distortion is on a distinguished road
Question Item That Gives Items and Adoptables

I need help on creating an item function that would allow me to create an item that can be opened by a user, and once opened, give the user items & adoptables I have inputted it give, at the time or date I have specified, only once for each user.

I want to make this function so I can give newbies starter packs on register, and players who have played for a certain amount of days giftboxes.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,975
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

If these were actual item functions, I'd suggest two different ones - a starter pack item that is added to the user's inventory immediately after they register (shouldn't be too hard) - and it has set, consistent contents. I say they should be two items because it'd be weird if someone forgot to use their starter pack and it magically changed into a giftbox instead?

These would be like a ordinary items, so it'd be 'consumed' after use, where the use is creating more items (and pets). My plan for my site was to hard code in item functions for each type of giftbox I wanted, rather than put that information into form fields when I create a box. (I'm really not that good at editting the AdminCP itself.)

It's already on my to-do list so I can take a look at it sooner rather than later for you.

The only bit I don't get is "at the time or date I have specified". If the user has the item, shouldn't that be enough? Or... perhaps do you mean the contents vary based on a set time? Again, I think it'd be better to make separate boxes for separate events. That way someone doesn't get a Christmas giftbox and try to open it three months later expecting Christmas items but instead get Valentine's Day items.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 PM

Credits: 3,806
Distortion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
If these were actual item functions, I'd suggest two different ones - a starter pack item that is added to the user's inventory immediately after they register (shouldn't be too hard) - and it has set, consistent contents. I say they should be two items because it'd be weird if someone forgot to use their starter pack and it magically changed into a giftbox instead?

These would be like a ordinary items, so it'd be 'consumed' after use, where the use is creating more items (and pets). My plan for my site was to hard code in item functions for each type of giftbox I wanted, rather than put that information into form fields when I create a box. (I'm really not that good at editting the AdminCP itself.)

It's already on my to-do list so I can take a look at it sooner rather than later for you.

The only bit I don't get is "at the time or date I have specified". If the user has the item, shouldn't that be enough? Or... perhaps do you mean the contents vary based on a set time? Again, I think it'd be better to make separate boxes for separate events. That way someone doesn't get a Christmas giftbox and try to open it three months later expecting Christmas items but instead get Valentine's Day items.
Thinking further into it, I think it is a good idea to create different item functions for each type, rather than just one. Please disregard that bit as well XP

Tags
function, giftbox, item, reward