Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 PM

Credits: 5,654
Eagle9615 is on a distinguished road
Default Links will not work

I installed the script and got it working, but none of the links work.
For example:
http://legendkeepers.eu.pn/adoptables/index.php works and brings me to my site but
http://legendkeepers.eu.pn/adoptables/index gives me a 404 error, every link is like this. The previous host I was using didn't have this problem and was running the same version of the script. Is this an issue with my host or did I do something wrong?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:26 PM

Credits: 22,823
Ruinily is on a distinguished road

Thats weird, the .php is missing off all the links. o.o I find you need .php on the end of all your main pages, the only time its not on the end of a url is if theres an action or something after the .php . You could add the .php on by hand, but I see even then it doesnt work... though I've also noticed you have it in a subfolder called adoptables? Thats not a good idea if I remember right... you are best having the pet site in the /public_html folder I think, I dont remember what happens if you dont. ^_^' Apart from those suggestions I havent a clue... Maybe just make sure everything in the config file is correct down to the capital letters or wait for someone on this forum who knows more than I do lol.

Erm, the site in the link in your signature seems to work after the advert though lol... Even without the .php and in the adoptables folder... well then, ignore my post unless it helps someone else figure it out, or maybe its because you're trying to run two sites there, I'm a little confused...

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php

Last edited by Ruinily; 07-03-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Artist

Credits: 15,461
pachoofoosh is on a distinguished road

Does your host have mod_rewrite enabled? It is possible that it's not enabled, and the .htaccess file can't rewrite the URLs due to this. c:
Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM

Credits: 5,654
Eagle9615 is on a distinguished road

@Ruinily
I'm only trying to run one site. the link in my signature still goes to the old web host. I didn't get much done on my site so I decided to move it before I actually started working. And I didn't delete the site on the old one in-case the new host had issues, which apparently it does lol. Thanks for trying to help though (: I'm just as confused as you are.

@pachoofoosh
I just checked and no it doesn't have it enabled. I guess it's time to go look for a new host again. Thank you for your help :)

Last edited by Eagle9615; 07-03-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,646
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well Ruinily, the .php is only needed for Mys v1.3.2 and earlier versions. Starting from Mys v1.3.3 you will not need to use .php at the end of url.

Looks like mod_rewrite is the problem then. Its weird, I've never really seen a host that disables mod_rewrite by default since doing so will break more than half of the internet applications available on the web, not just this script.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.