Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-29-2015, 03:54 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,049
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Default Trade System

I'm a little lost. How/where would one go to cancel/close a public trade if they've decided they no longer want to offer those pets/items to others? Such a feature, if it exists, would/should also decline all existing offers.

I know where I can go to view my 'private' trades and my public trades DO show up there, but I cannot edit them. They probably either should not show up there OR I should be able to edit them, but neither is the case.

At (mysite)/trade/privates I see my public trade offer (I have no private trade offers currently). Clicking to edit the offer sends me to (mysite)/trade/privates/tid/4 and gives me the error "The specified user does not exist..." because, obviously, this is not a private trade and it's looking for a recipient field which does not exist.

I understand I shouldn't be able to edit a public offer, but I should at least be able to cancel it.

Further, from what I understand, there is no way to ask for a pet in a private trade but not offer one, nor offer one but not ask for one...? It must be a pet for a pet, with the current system. Not a pet for money or money for a pet, or items and money. It can be a pet and money or a pet and money and items but it must always have a pet. Kind of odd, especially if two users were interested in trading just items or 'buying' an item or pet and offering nothing but money. It's just not possible, currently.

Is the trade functionality being updated/totally revised for the next version of Mysidia? It's pretty vital, but it's currently pretty broken.

I'm thinking about just gutting it and removing the ability to trade publicly (since they can't be cancelled, leaving pets in limbo forever) and removing the ability to send items or money between users because it'll just confuse users that they must always offer AND ask for a pet even though it implies they can request/send items and money instead without pets being involved.

Unless I'm somehow wrong in this... but it's just not working how it should, it seems.

Last edited by Kyttias; 04-29-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:18 AM
Co-Owner of MystFell

Credits: 18,426
NobodysHero is on a distinguished road

I'm actually curious about this too. If there's a way for people to just offer free pets or items to other players, that would be awesome. Also, my players are having a problem with figuring out where to go for certain trades, as it doesn't always show in the private trades, if they're sending it to a specific user. x.x Is there a way to allow users to send pets to users directly, instead of using trades?
Old 05-28-2016, 11:58 AM
The awesomesauce

Credits: 32,876
Ittermat is on a distinguished road

The trade Links for you-(just change your site name from mine...)

the trade station- http://atrocity.mysidiahost.com/trade <---the main hub of trading

My trades- http://atrocity.mysidiahost.com/mytrades <---Your trades you've recieved...

Partial trades- http://atrocity.mysidiahost.com/trade/partials <--where you can go over partial trades/half trades you've recieved

Public trades-- http://atrocity.mysidiahost.com/trade/publics <--where the trades are that everyone can see

New trade -- http://atrocity.mysidiahost.com/trade/offer <---where you can start a new trade

revise trades --- http://atrocity.mysidiahost.com/trade/privates <-- where you can edit/cancel trades you've made

Those are the only links I know of.... hope it helps ^^'
Old 05-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,859
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

@NobodysHero:

Well thats not how a trade is supposed to work. A trade is for you to give something to a trade partner, and he/she sends you something else in return.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:29 AM
Co-Owner of MystFell

Credits: 18,426
NobodysHero is on a distinguished road

Not an altogether foreign concept though, as many sites allow this through their trade feature. For example, Chicken Smoothie allows for a one sided trade.

And thanks so much, Ittermat, for posting that outline. I put it in the FAQ forum for my members!

Last edited by NobodysHero; 05-29-2016 at 12:34 AM.