Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Old 11-18-2015, 01:34 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,352
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default Mysidia's free hosting service

You may play with a devbox at the beginning(if you dont know what is a devbox, read Kyttias' thread on WAMP server on your local machine), but eventually you will need to find a reliable hosting option to deploy your site and make it available across the world wide web. To choose a hosting option can be a hard choice, especially when money is involved. Fortunately, you can get by with free hosting service first, and then gradually switch to paid service once your site grows. To make hosting and deployment easier for our clients, Mysidia Adoptables has launched its own hosting service for clients who want to use free services and cannot afford paid services for now.

Introducing Mysidia's free hosting service:

While your site is small and traffic isnt heavy, it is a very good choice to start with free hosting. You can find a free webhost, but most of them have extremely strict rules and sometimes the script will not work well on free hosts without a bit of tweaking. The good news is that, Mysidia Adoptables offers free hosting for clients who are willing to develop their sites actively.

To use Mysidia Adoptables' free hosting services, you will need to create a hosting account on Mysidia's hosting website, which can be found on the following link below. The first link takes you to the official page of Mysidia Host, and the second link will direct you to ordering a hosting package.

Home page for hosting: http://mysidiahost.com/
Ordering a hosting package: http://mysidiahost.com/cart.php

When you see a list of hosting packages, click the 'Order Now' button for option 'Mysidia Free'(since only free hosting is available right now), which will take you to the checkout page. This is where you will need to enter information about your site/domain(which should be in the format of yoursitename.mysidiahost.com), and select additional services for adoptables script installation and forum installation. Once all is set and done, click the 'Place Order' button and you will have created a hosting account. The login and other credentials will be sent to you through an email, please make sure to check it.

Once you have signed up and created a hosting account, you will be able to access your site, cpanel and ftp already. If you have ordered additional services such as adoptables script installation, we will process your requests at the end of the day(in the evening after dinner time usually), and you can have a fully working site up and running quickly. If for some reason your additional services are not handled, please send Hall of Famer a PM and he will take care of everything from there.

For advanced users, you can also register a domain of your own from a domain registrar such as namecheap.com, and point it to mysidia server. If you need assitance to this, please send Hall of Famer a message and he will give you guidance on how it is possible.

At this moment Mysidia only offers free hosting services, but paid shared hosting services may be available in future if many users start to run sites with heavier traffic that demands much more bandwidth and disk spaces. Mysidia's hosting service is still in its early stage, we welcome any comments and suggestions.

Note there is one condition for using Mysidia's hosting service, that your site needs to be actively developed or maintained. If no activity is spotted after 30 days, your site will be suspended. Another 30 days(a total of 60 days) of inactivity will result in it being deleted. The reason is that we have limited resources, and we give priorities to clients who love the script and are actively developing their sites.

For any questions or requests about Mysidia's hosting service, please post in this thread and I will be glad to answer anything you ask. Have a great day, and I hope you will enjoy building an adoptables site with Mysidia.

Update: MysidiaHost's free hosting service is available to users who wish to create and maintain a Mysidia Adoptables site. You are allowed to run any custom scripts such as wordpress, mybb forum, etc, but ONLY IF you have created a main site using Mysidia Adoptables script. If you have not, your site/subdomain may be suspended or terminated. We are not hosting for those who only want to run wordpress blogging websites without anything related to Mysidia Adoptables, especially considering the fact that I've found most of these to be scammers or phishing attackers.

Hall of Famer

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:37 AM
Adoptable Site Owner

Credits: 8,170
SapphirePhoenix is on a distinguished road

I have noticed that it asks for your address, even when the package is free and it is required. Do I really need the address, and real name?
Old 12-05-2015, 04:51 AM

Well you can enter an arbitrary address, it doesnt matter since you are using free hosting package and wont be a paying customer. The address is only useful if you pay, since it keeps track of your billing address. Since we do not offer paid service right now, you just have to enter an arbitrary address and ignore it.

For names, it is also a matter of your choice. You can enter a short name, like your first name plus the first letter of your last name(ie. Joe Doe would be Joe D). Alternatively, you may enter an alias. It is up to you too, since as I said for free hosting you wont pay with your credit card, so incorrect contact information wont matter, except for email address(which should always be a valid one).

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:14 PM

Credits: 5,595
Eagle9615 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for offering this, looking for hosting can be such a headache. Once my classes are over and I have more free-time I'm going to attempt to try making another website with this script.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:32 AM

Credits: 1,693
Glitter is on a distinguished road

THANK YOU SO MUCHHH * hugs hall of famer tight * now it's time for me to teach myself how to code :D
Old 02-20-2016, 04:22 PM

You are very welcome, if you have any questions regarding the hosting service plz let me know.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:26 PM
Hewan Site Owner

Credits: 2,519
oakhearted is on a distinguished road

i tried to sign up to the free hosting but i dont think i got an email
Old 06-14-2019, 06:57 PM

Credits: 971
AlphaSong is on a distinguished road

I've asked for free hosting, but I don't received an e-mail, my site is still pending. :/

Last edited by AlphaSong; 06-14-2019 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:27 PM

Credits: 993
Tanya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSong View Post
I've asked for free hosting, but I don't received an e-mail, my site is still pending. :/
I have been waiting for over half a year,
as far as I can tell, it is not currently functioning.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:16 PM
Woah man.

Credits: 45,378
Pear is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
I have been waiting for over half a year,
as far as I can tell, it is not currently functioning.
Have you tried messaging HoF on here?? That's a long time D: