Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 01-22-2016, 10:32 AM

Credits: 16,486
parayna is on a distinguished road
Default General Question About Breeding/Pets

Hello ^_^

So, I have finally managed to dedicate more time to my site (and I now have 2 helpers to help with things so I am more motivated to carry it on into the future) and I was having a little think. I really wanted my site to have pets where you could have a base image and base colours and have patterns released and bred into adoptables without you having to design solid pets all the time (like Flight Rising, I guess) but I am not sure how I would do that...
(If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be forever greatful... o.o)

But as it doesn't seem like I will be able to do that, does breeding automatically give offspring either of the parents type? I mean that I don't want to have to set breeding combos for EVERY single pairing that will EVER be in the game.... that would be very tiresome T-T And if I wanted to have a new combination for a specific pairing, I could then set it if I wanted. Or does breeding not work if nothing is specifically set?
(It would kinda be neat if the layered pets way was in the next version of Mysidia but I doubt that will happen XD Would just make me super happy *-*)

Thanks for any help!

~Parayna

EDIT: Sorry if I didn't explain it right o.o Reading that through seems like it might be a tad confusing XD
Old 01-22-2016, 11:30 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 113,355
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

If you have it set to advanced breeding it works just like normal (has a chance of producing either of the parent's types). The only difference is you *can* specify different possible offspring, but it works just fine if you don't.

I hope that answers your question?
Old 01-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,275
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I touched on this subject a little bit in this thread over here. (Since it's somewhat of a large aspect of my site, it's not something I want to reveal too much on.)
Old 01-22-2016, 04:05 PM

Thanks for replying so quickly guys! ^_^ Yes, Abronsyth, that answers it perfectly! XD And yay, I was actually looking for that post, Kyttias, but I had lost it and couldn't remember what it was called >.< I will have a go with it but not sure how successful I will be XD Could I ask questions on it if I get really stuck? I get the gist of it (and when it's not so late, I will attempt it) but there is just a few things I think I might have trouble with. I'm going to do it myself until I hit a snag, of course, but I won't know until I try with it XD And I understand about not wanting to disclose everything so it's fine if you can't answer something ^_^
Old 01-22-2016, 08:38 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,275
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I can describe things conceptually and answer basic PHP questions, yeah.

(When it comes down to figuring out how to merge images successfully using PHP's GD library on the other hand... that required a lot of reading. I'll probably throw you Google results rather than explain it myself. I discovered I could simply make a dark grey version of the pet and then tint it with code rather than having to save an image for each color - which is great and all, but again, not something I want to explain - so I'll just say that it's possible. I also had to rearrange a lot of GD functions in what seemed like nonsensical arbitrary orders to get transparency to work successfully.) -- (On the other hand, GD isn't entirely necessary - Lionden just layers multiple pngs on top of one another using css and absolute positioning.)
Old 01-23-2016, 05:55 AM

OK, thank you ^_^ I will attempt it later and I think I understand what to do, so I'm gonna see how successful I am... XD