Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 09-03-2016, 07:00 PM

Credits: 16,502
parayna is on a distinguished road
Default Login Problem

I remember having this problem before.. sometimes a user will just stop being able to login randomly? Seemingly for no reason? My admin account, Yurash, just stopped being able to login. I've tried changing the password using the PHP MyAdmin bit, tried changing the username.. I'm using WAMP so can't request a password reset as I don't have an email set up XD

I then made a new account and it can log in fine, and logout again with no problems... I can't see why Yurash just stopped working? I do recall a similar issue before XD

Do I need to delete Yurash and use the new one instead, and promote them?

I'd prefer not to as I'd have to reset the UID to 1 again and delete all instances of Yurash from the database and I have forgotten how to do it XD (I'm OCD about the UID, I hate having the admin account not being 1! Accounts after that are fine, as I might need to delete users... XD)

Thank you~ (If I do need to delete Yurash, what do I need to put into the SQL bit of the PHP MyAdmin to set the UID to 1 and delete all instances of Yurash? XD I really should write it down....)
Old 09-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Trans with a plan

Credits: 3,725
Demonwolf37 is on a distinguished road

I'm also having this problem, and all I can figure out is that it'll either randomly start working again, or it just won't and you'll have to make a new account.

How do you promote an account to admin?
Old 09-10-2016, 08:14 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,606
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well this issue happens to a few people, but no one had found the cause for it yet. I suspect it may be resulted from reinstalling the script without clearing up database first, or those who may have pressed back buttons during installation steps. I don't think it should happen to fresh installation though.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Trans with a plan

That's weird... I had thought I had started an entirely new database when I did this one... (I had to reupload the script 3 times because I kept running into issues) It's so strange that after all this time no one has figured out the cause... Luckily it's an easy work-around though!
Old 09-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,606
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well reuploading/reinstalling the script wont make it a fresh installation, what you need is to clear up the tables and data rows in the database of your adoptables site. Its easy to do this in phpmyadmin, just select all tables and click 'drop', which will delete all existing tables.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Trans with a plan

What I meant was that I thought I had created a new database in between installations hoping that I had just made an error before and that a new database would fix it. But I can't be sure.