Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 03:50 AM

Credits: 5,099
Kyris is on a distinguished road
Default Can't retain adoptable information

When I try to enter pets into my site, it says it's uploaded successfully. However, when I try to adopt it, there's no pets in the dropdown list.

I've been tinkering with the layout a bit, but I don't think adjustments to the :sidefeed: and the top link bar would affect this? I ommited some links from the functions, but as far as I can tell that's just to take off the links I don't need, like the adopt an abandoned pet.

My site is http://iilura.com for reference.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,490
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm this... Have you installed some addons from our script modifications forum? There are two possible reasons I can think of:

1. The adoptable wasnt really successfully created in acp. You can check on this by trying to create a level in acp, or simply viewing your database table from phpmyadmin. Go to your nadopt.php and post your mysql query line if this is indeed the case, since it usually happens when nadopt.php and your database table for prefix_adoptables do not match.

2. The adoptable was created but for some reason it refuses to show in adopt.php. This may be caused by careless mistakes such as selecting the wrong adoption conditions. The best way to check is again to look through phpmyadmin table prefix_adoptables and see if there's something odd in it.

Hall of Famer

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:23 AM

For any MODs, I've applied the search function (which doesn't work currently) and the User's Owned Adoptables.

I apologize, I'm not as saavy as most people are. I know that I entered the adoptable correctly; I've tried all three options, all separately, and none of them work.

As for the tables and phpmyadmin, I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be looking for?

Quote:
Go to your nadopt.php and post your mysql query line if this is indeed the case, since it usually happens when nadopt.php and your database table for prefix_adoptables do not match.
I went to nadopt.php and... then I don't know what the mysql query line is (I need a headdesk emotion XD )

Quote:
The adoptable was created but for some reason it refuses to show in adopt.php. This may be caused by careless mistakes such as selecting the wrong adoption conditions. The best way to check is again to look through phpmyadmin table prefix_adoptables and see if there's something odd in it.
Could you go more indepth please? I don't think I can pinpoint what exactly looks odd because I don't know how it looks usually ^^

Many thanks, HOF, for being patient with me!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:53 AM
Dev Staff

Credits: 32,852
fadillzzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyris View Post
As for the tables and phpmyadmin, I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be looking for?

I went to nadopt.php and... then I don't know what the mysql query line is (I need a headdesk emotion XD )

Could you go more indepth please? I don't think I can pinpoint what exactly looks odd because I don't know how it looks usually ^^

Many thanks, HOF, for being patient with me!
In nadopt.php go to line 239 and post it here, it should look something like this:
PHP Code:
mysql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."adoptables VALUES ('', '$name', '$description','$eggimage','$cba','$promocode', '$freqcond', '$number','$datecond','$date','$adoptscond','$maxnumcond','$morethannum','$usergroupcond','$usergroups','$alternates','$altoutlevel','$altchance')"); 
For the phpmyadmin, just post a screenshot of the _adoptables table
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 AM

Got it!

Code:
mysql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."adoptables VALUES ('', '$name', '$description','$eggimage','$cba','$promocode', '$freqcond', '$number','$datecond','$date','$adoptscond','$maxnumcond','$morethannum','$usergroupcond','$usergroups','$alternates','$altoutlevel','$altchance','$evolution','$evolutionlevel','$evolutionform')");
Screen shot attached!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenie.jpg (97.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Dev Staff

Your _adoptables table is empty! no wonder nothing shows up...
btw, the structure is missing a few things. Since you have $evolution, $evolutionlevel, amd $evolutionform in the query I take it that you're trying to install HoF's evolution system, correct?
anyways, you have to add 3 more columns into _adotables & _owned_adoptables table.
those 3 columns are:
PHP Code:
`evolutionVARCHAR10  )  NULL  DEFAULT NULL ,
`
evolutionlevelINT11  )  NOT  NULL DEFAULT  '0',
 `
evolutionformVARCHAR 40  )  NULL  DEFAULT NULL 
Old 01-27-2011, 07:19 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to add those columns?

*scratches head* Sorry for all these questions, and seriously, thanks guys for this incredible support.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Dev Staff

You have to add them through phpmyadmin.
In the 'structure' tab of the selected table, scroll down till you find something that says:
Quote:
Print view Propose table structure
just right beneath it you should find the option to add field to the table.
Insert the number '3' in the add field(s) textbox and click go (and make sure 'at end of table' is chosen)

Field: evolution, evolutionlevel, evolutionform
Type: varchar, int, varchar
length: 10, 11, 40
default: null, as defined: 0, null
null: check, uncheck, check

for attribute, index, and some other stuff just leave it as it is

Last edited by fadillzzz; 01-27-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,490
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well its quite easy to create a new column through phpmyadmin though. Follow the four steps below if you are a newbie, you will learn it in a few minutes:

Step1: Find this on the bottom page of your table prefix_adoptables, click the button go:

Step2: Enter correct information for a new column, we use 'evolution' as an example here:(note: evolution's type is supposed to be Varchar(10), not INT)

Step3: Finalize your create a new column form, go back to your table and you should find this new row here:

Step4: Repeat the similar steps for the next two columns evolutionlevel and evolutionform, and then for the other table owned_adoptables. You should be just fine afterwards.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:08 AM

Thanks so much guys! It worked out wonderfully :) The reason why I got so confused with those entries was that I regarded it as one would do with Oracle. I thought there was a section somewhere where I could pretty much copy and paste it ^^

But again, thanks so much guys! The support here is amazing <3