Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 AM

Credits: 12,410
LucasA33 is on a distinguished road

You need to find a reviewer site, and start there. All I can offer advice for is hostgator. They seem to be the standard for reliabilty and offer plans to get started with for dirt cheap.. Once your site gets popularity, you should try finding methods of getting donations and then upgrade your plan accordingly. You could also go the path of unreliability and free hosting if you want. :)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM

Credits: 49,012
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

Where have I been? For the most part I am the leader in providing free hosting for Mysidia Adopt Sites. 99webs.info has been running for two years as a free host and has not failed.
Of course if you want to pay for it you can But do check us out we are ever improving.

I would rate 99webs way better than any other free or paid host. I started out on 000webs myself and it didn't work out. They offer very limited features just to get you to upgrade. at 99webs upgrading isn't an option, one package and its all features! Aside from that 000webs brings your site down to inspect it. When ever I would make major changes or upload a file the site would go down for inspection, pretty lame as you can leave a site up and still inspect it...

As for godaddy and hostgator I did try them both. Hostgator was ridiculous as their egg starter package was 8$ a month. way to expensive for shared hosting. GoDaddy had a better 3.99 economy plan but again was overselling free hosting. When ever I did have problem each time a sent a ticket and got an answer it was a different person. They would even call me just to verify I was the owner. To much hassle just to get some support. To them I was just another client of thousands but to 99webs you are family.

So that's my story. It hasn't been easy but my host is still growing. As a student I have access to servers and I am allowed to use them as I want. There has been tough times, I had to partner with sites on my host to share ad revenue and even force a banner on new sign up sites. But now that the main hosting site is getting steady log in traffic it is having great success with just banners on the main host page so I will takeing the ads off client sites.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:36 PM

Credits: 12,410
LucasA33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Where have I been? For the most part I am the leader in providing free hosting for Mysidia Adopt Sites. 99webs.info has been running for two years as a free host and has not failed.
Of course if you want to pay for it you can But do check us out we are ever improving.

I would rate 99webs way better than any other free or paid host. I started out on 000webs myself and it didn't work out. They offer very limited features just to get you to upgrade. at 99webs upgrading isn't an option, one package and its all features! Aside from that 000webs brings your site down to inspect it. When ever I would make major changes or upload a file the site would go down for inspection, pretty lame as you can leave a site up and still inspect it...

As for godaddy and hostgator I did try them both. Hostgator was ridiculous as their egg starter package was 8$ a month. way to expensive for shared hosting. GoDaddy had a better 3.99 economy plan but again was overselling free hosting. When ever I did have problem each time a sent a ticket and got an answer it was a different person. They would even call me just to verify I was the owner. To much hassle just to get some support. To them I was just another client of thousands but to 99webs you are family.

So that's my story. It hasn't been easy but my host is still growing. As a student I have access to servers and I am allowed to use them as I want. There has been tough times, I had to partner with sites on my host to share ad revenue and even force a banner on new sign up sites. But now that the main hosting site is getting steady log in traffic it is having great success with just banners on the main host page so I will takeing the ads off client sites.
Your site is great, I just didn't prefer your cPanel. For one, it messes and renames all your databases z344049 or something like so... There was other reasons, but I can't seem to jog my memory what else I disliked. :P