Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 08:04 PM

Credits: 64,783
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road
Default Broke my myadopts page (and myBB)

It's just a blank white page. I noticed it after I tried to add user shops, but after removing the code I added the problem was still there; so I don't know if I accidentally deleted something else or if it was like that before I did anything;

Pastebin link

I noticed a strange error though. The online code editor (built in to cpanel) says that there is this error online 407 that says "Syntax error, unexpected ,}, expecting $EOF" This is the line in question:
PHP Code:
$document->setTitle("Successfully Eaten Pet"); 
and there is no "}" anywhere on that line. I wasn't even anywhere near that line when editing, so it hasn't changed. Me and another member checked the page with the inspect tool and none of the code in the file appears at all, just the style. I removed the style from it temporarily, but it fixed nothing.

My MyBB forum seems to be broken as well, even though I haven't touched any code related to it. It worked fine before, but since the server migration it just redirects to the main index page (the adoptables index, not the forum index) and never posts the topic.

On top of all that, the contest script I was working on just poofed. I'm 100% sure I saved it before trying to access it's respective page, but after it kept loading the index page I went back to find it gone. I can make it again, but it's really inconvenient because I have to start over. Did anyone else experience issues like these after the move?

Last edited by Dinocanid; 04-27-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:51 PM

Credits: 28,318
kristhasirah

try checking if all the } close something or are alone... most of tje time i forget to close them or havr extras and that gives me a white page... also check is all the info you get from the database is there... becausr if after the move you lost some info is possible that the database also lost some of the edits you made. sorry i cant be of much help rigth now...but i can infor you that i had no problems accessing the forum by using the forum link in the site.
and im also using mysidiahost but i havent found or experienced any of this problems...

Last edited by kristhasirah; 04-27-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:15 PM

The myBB forum can be accessed, you just can't make any new posts or threads because it redirects to the index. I tried adding another bracket to see if that was the case, but then it's just an error about having an unexpected bracket (so I guess I'm not missing one) I'll check my database in the morning to see if any tables are missing though.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:28 PM

kristhasirah

try deleting the setting.php of the forum... is in one of the folders of the forum..... maybe that can fix your problem.... i think thats the name. will confirm it tomorroe... cant remember but first check the info of the forum database maybe the link was changed... if thats the case update it. then delete the file and a new one will be created wit the correct info

edit: the settings.php is in forum/inc/

also in the code you posted theres a extra } at the end... maybe that's the reason of the blank page

Last edited by kristhasirah; 04-28-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:13 PM

Removing the bracket at the end fixed the blank page, tysm! Strange it said I didn't have enough brackets, causing me to add that one, but I guess it bugged out for a bit. The forum fix worked too.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:23 PM

kristhasirah

glad to know everything is working again for you! ^^