Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 AM

Credits: 3,720
Solistia is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions for Pet site-esque features

So the kind of "petsite" I'm talking about is not like the Neopets, or other very automated systems, but one where the admin/staff have more involvement in the adoptable itself, and where pets are individually colored and given to a single user to own (even though they may have the same 'template')

A small site (that could do with more advertising) that employs many of the features I like in an adoptable site is http://ww.secundi.net. Many of the adoptables there are "user run", both on the forums and as official pets.

List of features I believe would help benefit those that would like a more involved pet site:
  • Heredity/Pedigree option for bred pets (something like this)
  • Options for breedings to either be automated (the offspring being a replica of one parent), or "submitted" so a colorist/artist could make a unique offspring based off the parents
  • Time-based growths
  • Option to turn off "Clicks" for all pets
I'm not sure if it would be to your advantage or disadvantage, but another idea is to perhaps split the development for Mysidia into staying based around the "Clicky Site" style, and to the new path of "Pet Site" style (since I know there are people that would prefer both). Again, not sure if this would be a good or bad thing.

I'm sure I'll come up with new suggestions, so I'll keep updating this thread as new ideas come to mind.

Even if these aren't all implemented, I do hope they at least give developers some ideas to work on :3

(also, I apparently misread one of the announcements, since "Ability to give/upload a singular pet to a singular user" has already been done XD)

Last edited by Solistia; 03-25-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 332,482
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well I believe time-based growth is already available in one of our modifications. Cant make changes as huge as this in official releases at this moment, but maybe in future it can be a second option for admins when they configure their sites.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:09 AM

Credits: 3,720
Solistia is on a distinguished road

That is awesome! My suggestions aren't one I'm looking to have RIGHT NOW, but more, something to work towards in future releases :3